Close

Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Hello everyone!

In the past few weeks I had been using the forums when in search of advice or guidance when there is a new hiccup with my car that left me clueless on how to fix it. I decided it was time to make an account and as per the automated message, and am introducing myself to keep my account active. I am a high school kid and a fortunate owner of a 1986 Mustang GT in metallic silver with T-Tops. I've only had the car for about a month at this point and absolutely love it.

My favourite cars have been mustangs ever since I could remember and in the past couple years, I've had this obsession with the fox body mustangs. I Have especially been drawn to the 85 and 86 years of the fox as I personally think they are the best looking and now feel so fortunate to be able to have one. This is my first car and so far everything has gone smoothly (except for the blinkers going out on the highway) and I have also managed to learn standard pretty well for it being older technology and my very limited driving experience.

I hope to make many new posts on the site here (hopefully positive lol) and I'm always open to any form of advice and wise words.

I will hopefully be able to post pictures soon

Welcome, there is a massive amount of knowledge and good advice on this forum. Congrats on having such a cool car as your first car, take care of her and treat her well!!!
    Last edited by 83 4SPD GT; 10-09-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0L, TRX Pkg, T-Tops, 4 Spd, Polar White, Medium Red Interior, Built 11/22/82, 15,400 original miles, with the original 38 yr old Michelins still on it. Added LMR 17" mesh wheels w/Nitto NT555’s.

FEP Member

Welcome and post those pics!

I will post the pictures as soon as I can figure out how to upload them lol. I just got new tires and did a nice polish and wax to get the scratches out. The new tires add some nice meat on the back as the previous ones were stretched so it should look much better

Quote Originally Posted by 83 4SPD GT View Post
    Welcome, there is a massive amount of knowledge and good advice on this forum. Congrats on having such a cool car as your first car, take care of her and treat her well!!!
    Sorry for the late reply, I'm very excited to learn more about these older cars and will make sure to take car of her well

Quote Originally Posted by KWH View Post
    Welcome and post those pics!
    I have a couple here for now!!

Name:  resized-image-Promo.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  389.8 KB

This is a picture of my car next to my dad's for comparison haha, funny how he's got the newer car!

Name:  resized-image-Promo (1).jpeg
Views: 154
Size:  267.7 KB

Just a quick picture I snapped after getting gas, thought the lighting was cool
    I'm not sure how well these pictures turned out but hopefully I can have more in the future

WOW, SUPER NICE CAR!

Some tips for asking questions:
    Use an Informative topic Title. Good: "Rear drum brake problem on '85". Bad: "a question".
    Use Spell Check before posting.
    use Proper English.
    use Proper Sentences.
    make the post Readable and understandable.
    and often Pictures help a lot!

Even just a "Thanks" is an good reply. Not saying anything at all is being "*********hole".

No one was born with the knowledge on how to fix some (like a Fox Mustang) that was made by other people.
    People still learn things after many many decades. If you're not interested in learning, you're better off finding a mechanic you can trust.

No one gets paid to answer questions. So, be clear and give details. If your post is hard to read or understand, then it's far less likely to get replies.
    This is a "smaller" forum. People may not always agree. But, it's important to respect other people's ideas and suggestions. Again, no one is getting paid to answer questions. We try to help each other.

Good Luck!

Sweet car! Make sure you're playing Classic Rock 107.9 when you're out cruising! lol

Welcome fellow Canuck and beautiful car. This place is amazing and full of knowledge. Searching and asking questions have really helped me to learn my car. Sometimes it takes awhile to get a reply but be patient someone will help ya out if they can. Enjoy and it's nice to see a young buck getting into the cars that were popular when I was your age.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by RSCapri View Post
    Sweet car! Make sure you're playing Classic Rock 107.9 when you're out cruising! lol
    I'll make sure of it! lol, only radio station i can seem to pick up with a short antenna anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Welcome fellow Canuck and beautiful car. This place is amazing and full of knowledge. Searching and asking questions have really helped me to learn my car. Sometimes it takes awhile to get a reply but be patient someone will help ya out if they can. Enjoy and it's nice to see a young buck getting into the cars that were popular when I was your age.
    Thanks for the warm welcome So far this site has really saved my behind when I manage to get into a bind with my car, it really has been a life saver especially when I had lost the cage nut inside the quarter panel and spent 2 hours fishing it out lol.

I can honestly say I'm jealous of the teenagers in the 80's that got to have such cool cars, so much more soul than what they had out today, and not to mention much more affordable lol. My dad had a '79 Capri in highschool and then a grey '88 notch with a 5.0 afterwards. I've wanted a fox ever since I saw his photos, absolutely fell in love.

New User

Welcome!