Close

Default Door trim question, picture request

I tore my car apart 10 years ago. It is finally painted and I am slowly reassembling the car. I have since lost pictures and details are fuzzy. I am replacing the window run, dew wipes, etc... I have seen some pictures where it looks like the metal trim goes on, and then the window run goes over the trim. Others look like the trim is the last thing to go on. Anyways, I cannot find any good pictures, tutorials, or instructions. My search wasn't very productive.

Can someone post a few pictures of their door window trim and the drip rails?

All the window trim around the window is installed and the door channel runs are installed after that. The last piece installed is the bottom window trim (belt line weather-strip) That goes on the outside after the door channel runs are installed. Then the mirrors are installed since they overlap the trim and for most there is a screw at the front edge of the trim to hold it in place. Oh and then the door panel with the inner window wipe is installed last after all of the that.

So assuming everything is off right now, install door channel runs, outside window wipe with trim, mirrors, inside door panel with window wipe, and finally the side mirror interior trim piece with remote if equipped. Hope that helps. Good luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller