Close

Hybrid View

Default 86 LTD Tail Lights

Just brought home an 86 LTD that we are going to make a drag car and the drivers side tail light is busted. anyone know where to get a used one? all i can find are passenger side ones of course. also, does anyone know if mustang tail light housing can be fitted? thanks in advanced.

FEP Senior Member

A similar year Marquis will also fit, but it will look different than the LTD light. A Mustang light will not fit at all. You can try ebay or car-part.com. Just make sure you are buying an actual LTD tail light and not the much more common LTD Crown Victoria full size car tail light. Car-part does not distinguish between the two very well. Sometimes people mistakenly refer to our cars as the LTD II as well. Thanks Ford.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    A similar year Marquis will also fit, but it will look different than the LTD light. A Mustang light will not fit at all. You can try ebay or car-part.com. Just make sure you are buying an actual LTD tail light and not the much more common LTD Crown Victoria full size car tail light. Car-part does not distinguish between the two very well. Sometimes people mistakenly refer to our cars as the LTD II as well. Thanks Ford.
    Thanks for the reply! might have found one car-part.com. is the front end body and engine bay wise the same as a fox body?

FEP Senior Member

Well technically the LTD is a fox body car. The front end sheet metal is significantly different from a Mustang although I have seen Mustang front ends grafted onto the front of the LTD. Under the hood should be very similar/same to a Mustang.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    Well technically the LTD is a fox body car. The front end sheet metal is significantly different from a Mustang although I have seen Mustang front ends grafted onto the front of the LTD. Under the hood should be very similar/same to a Mustang.
    exactly what I needed to hear! Got the front tube kit, k member and trans cross member.