Close

Default Problem when engaging gears, engine stalls.

Good day everyone! Yesterday I finally assembled the motor, I started it with success! But there was a problem, when any gear is turned on, there is a jolt in the transmission, and the engine speed falls into the flesh until the engine stops. A new start is difficult, but when the engine starts to run it runs smoothly. I tuned the front and rear brake bands in the transmission.
    I honestly don't understand what I did wrong and where and what settings do I still need to make?
    I would be very grateful for your advice !!
    Thanks!
    Sergey.

FEP Member

Guten Tag!
    Please tell us what year of what car, what engine, what transmission, and any modifications you have made. It really helps members figure out what the problem might be. Unfortunately, I am not an automatic transmission expert. The only thing I could suggest would be to back off the adjustments you made a little bit. Somebody smarter than me should be along soon.
    Viel Glück!

Sorry, I forgot to write. I have a 2.8 liter engine, automatic C4 system.
    According to the instructions for the automatic transmission, I set an intermediate lane and a low-reversing one.
    I didn't do anything else with the automatic transmission.
    When the gear is engaged, there is a jolt in the automatic transmission. It only occurs when shifting from P to any gear.
    Last edited by Novuhodonosor; 10-04-2021 at 01:02 AM.