Close

Default No power at solenoid switch wire

With the car in on position. The switch (red with blue wire) that connects to solenoid has power. The neutral safety has power I put a jumper wire and tried that. It will turn over if I jump the solenoid. Checked ignition switch wires(yellow and white pink dash) they all have power.
    someone put in a push button start where the cig lighter. The citron is connected to power wire from cig lighter. Has voltage. The other wire went to the red blue switch wire at solenoid. Just not sure what’s happening.

As far as i know, the Red/blue wire that goes to the solenoid should only have power in the Start position, not the Run position.
    Not sure what year car you have either.
    I would use a test light or a volt meter to check the ignition switch and make sure the starter solenoid is only getting power in the start position.
    If it is getting power in the on position, either the wires are not going to the correct places or the switch might be suspect.
    IMHO, your milage may vary, etc.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I’m sorry I should put that in my profile. 85 gt 5spd. I checked the solenoid red wire both in run and start and the wire had voltage. If I test the solenoid with the red wire attached the post has no voltage. The solenoid is attached to my inner fender and I checked to see if the solenoid itself is grounded and with a volt meter it was grounded. I checked the ignition switch and it has power where it should but I don’t know how to test if it’s working. From what I’ve read the push button should have a 12v source and the other wire goes to the switch wire. I