Close

Default Roof rail moldings??

I took my roof rail moldings off my 86 to have the car painted, and they weren’t in the greatest condition so I (foolishly) either threw them away or something, now I can’t find them. I was under the impression that they would have reproduction versions, since almost every other piece of molding or trim does but I can’t find them anywhere.

does anyone know of a site where I could buy some? If not I guess I’m gonna be hoping I find some on a junk car because apparently these pieces are rare I guess I should’ve done some research before tossing them somewhere

Unfortunately the roof rail moldings for the 79-86 cars is not reproduced at this time. Not sure why not, but that is the case as far as I know right now. Good used ones will be your only option. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Power Member

How did you take them off? Are they partially glued on? My Capri is at paint also and would like to take them off.
    '86 GT - weekend driver
    '86 Capri 5.0
    '86 Turbo Coupe
    '17 Mustang GT
    '23 BRONCO

There is a screw inside the door jamb area at the leading edge @ next to the mirror location. Remove that screw and then gently began prying the trim away from the A pillar starting at the front edge and working you way to the back edge of the window. Removing the trim with the sail panels in place can be done, but is more difficult since you have to slide the trim past the sail panel rather than peeling it down off the pinch weld. There are small clips and butyl sealant that hold the trim in place. That assumes it has never been off and that no one has siliconed or glued it back on. A plastic pry bar and some 1.5" tape on the roof area will protect the paint if you need to pry on the trim with a heavy hand. DO NOT lose the clips as they are not reproduced at this time that I am aware of. Hope that helps.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller