Close

Default charcoal console purchase

What are your recommendations for a console top for a 86 convertible. Grey

Not 100% sure, but I believe Daniel Carpenter is the only one reproducing the coin tray. If you are referring to the console arm rest/pad, not sure who is reproducing those. Generally in my experience, the colored interior parts are close to most interiors, but are never perfect. If you are a perfectionist like me when it comes to colors matching, then you will most likely need to consider refreshing most of the interior or at least the console. Unfortunately Job 1 for Ford back then didn't include all the different interior parts color matching. Hard plastics were one shade, soft plastic another shade, fabric/leather another shade, and metal a 4th shade. Truthfully it drives me crazy and I end up respraying the entire interior plastics, etc. so it all matches. I would recommend buying from NPD as they seem to do a decent job of having colors that are close. May be the same for others, but in my experience my purchases from them have been closer than others. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller