Close

Default 8.8 Swap Brake Lines

Hello,

I have recently swapped an 8.8 rear end into my 85 GT, and now all there is to do is run brake lines. Since I plan on running true dual exhaust, I had to buy the rear upper brake hose bracket from the 86-95 Mustangs. I also bought the center upper rear brake hose that connects to said bracket. Now, the only thing I have to do bend a few brake lines. One that connects from the OEM location to the brake hose bracket that I bought, and two that run from the brake hose to the cylinders in the drums.

Any tips about how I should bend the lines so that they don't interfere with the dual exhaust system that I will be running?

Thanks.

Rebend the existing rear brake line 90 degrees, so that it runs across the back of the rear seat bulkhead and into the driveshaft tunnel, then put in another 90 degree bend so that it goes down the tunnel to the brake line bracket. You'll have to add in a 3/8"-24 SAE inverted flare coupling nut in at a some point to extend the line to the brake line bracket on the floor of the car.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support

??dont know but i struggled with existing lines when redoing center hose on 8.8.
    doing again id use ez bend copper nickle lines. very hard to get at stuff, no lift

btw i wonder how the 8.8 got into my 80 mustang...came to me as a roller
    Name:  122039896_9491131109_n.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  76.9 KB
    Last edited by bigblok80; 09-27-2021 at 09:03 PM.