Close

Default Corbeau GTS II seats

Hey guys. So I'm getting new seats in the fox and was originally looking at the corbeau sport seats but they are a little plain for my liking plus they don't match the corbeau back seat upholstery that I have on order. So now I'm looking at the gts II seats. One area of concern is the height of them. I've read lots of about them being to high. I'm 5'10", is this going to be a issue for me? What about passengers that are 6' or slightly taller? Should I get the shaved option? That be a extra 100 bucks so if i don't need it I'd rather save the money. Don't mind sitting a little higher up just don't want my head bouncing off the t-top glass LOL
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I have the GTS II seats and I sit about an inch higher than the sport seats were. The biggest difference is that you dont sink into them when you sit. I am 5 foot 8 and there is no danger of hitting the roof by a fair bit. The seat brackets have a decent amount of travel so taller people can fit. The biggest issue for me is the seat bolster on the bottom when I get in.
    1978 Mercury Zephyr boxtop 5.0 EFI T5Z 8.8
    1999 Ford Contour 2.5 V6 5 speed
    2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by ukravit View Post
    I have the GTS II seats and I sit about an inch higher than the sport seats were. The biggest difference is that you dont sink into them when you sit. I am 5 foot 8 and there is no danger of hitting the roof by a fair bit. The seat brackets have a decent amount of travel so taller people can fit. The biggest issue for me is the seat bolster on the bottom when I get in.
    Thanks for the reply. So even if I'm 2" taller than you I'd still have plenty of room? Also how does the bolster hold up to wear and tear when getting in and out. That was also a concern. Seems like it be a pain in the ass to get in and out of.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Had my seats since the begining of the year and have been in and out of the car over 100 times with no wear on the fabric on the bolsters.
    As for ingress and egress unless you have a tilt wheel you have to scoot in over the bolster a bit. I measured the seat from the bottom of the mounting bracket to the part you sit on and it was 8 inches at the front at gets lower at the rear to just under 5 and a half inches and a touch over 10 inches at the bolster towards the front. If that makes sense. I have installed pics http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...w-Zephyr/page8
    post #199 shows them installed and sitting next to a sport seat for comparison.
    1978 Mercury Zephyr boxtop 5.0 EFI T5Z 8.8
    1999 Ford Contour 2.5 V6 5 speed
    2016 Ford Focus ST 2.0 Ecoboost 6 speed

I have a pair of fixed back Corbeau seats in my 79. I don't know how the height compares to those seats, but I found with the Corbeau seat mounts and slide rails the seats were far too high and my head was bumping the roof. I'm 5'11" as well. Part of the issue was also the angle of the mount and the fixed back being too upright, which might not be a problem with the reclining back seats. I ended up building my own low profile mounts to solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by ukravit View Post
    Had my seats since the begining of the year and have been in and out of the car over 100 times with no wear on the fabric on the bolsters.
    As for ingress and egress unless you have a tilt wheel you have to scoot in over the bolster a bit. I measured the seat from the bottom of the mounting bracket to the part you sit on and it was 8 inches at the front at gets lower at the rear to just under 5 and a half inches and a touch over 10 inches at the bolster towards the front. If that makes sense. I have installed pics http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...w-Zephyr/page8
    post #199 shows them installed and sitting next to a sport seat for comparison.
    Yup that makes sense, thanks for the info. Those seats look really good in your car. Can't wait to get mine in.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

FEP Member

Please keep in mind that not everyone has the same ratio of leg to torso length. A friend of mine was an inch taller than me while standing; I was 2 inches taller when we were sitting. Long legs/short torso vs short legs/long torso.

So now I'm looking at maybe the corbeau lg1 vinyl and cloth instead of the gtsII seats. Do you think having a vinyl and cloth front seat with a cloth back would look bad? Anybody running the lg1's in their fox?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt