Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker install

FEP Senior Member

Here's a pic of the Q-Form kick panel enclosures. These are supposedly for 87+ Fox body mustangs, but the pic is clearly an 85 or 86 GT.

I'm still looking for the door panels.

--John

One Owner '86 GT - Exhaust, Gears, Basics, otherwise stock.
    NOS - It's an abbrevation, not a word.

Stanger86

Deleted
    -Chad

You can get the 6.5's to fit in the q-form but I would not. It is a pain unless they are small 6.5's. Plus you lose some in the midbass since they dont have as much airspace as the doors.

I used the 87-93 set even tho Crutchfield dont list them as fitting. The reason being is that they dont come in the factory color for the pre 87's in gray.

John, I shoulda got you to take pics of mine......dang hindsight.
    Brett
    ------
    85 Capri GS 5.0, 5 speed, T-top 147,000 miles.
    Offroad H-pipe and Magnaflow mufflers.

My WebShots Gallery!

FEP Super Member

I like it.. Looks pretty good, almost factory.

kyle
    Also, do not be so quick to judge someone's comments as being derogatory. It is often difficult to interpret someone's intentions having only text and no body language or tone of voice to guide you.
    "If road racing where easy it would be called drag racing"
    1986 Thunderbird 5.0/AOD

debo85lx

Well, I have coupe seats in my vert. With the 83-89 rear 1/4 panels installed, that section that goes in on those panels leaves just enough room with the seat guides taken off to where I can recline my seat all the way back. The damn 90-93 panels are way bigger, and now I can't recline for ****.
    Try reclining with a roll cage installed I either move the seat all the way back and sit straight up to get the legs fully extended... or move the seat forward to have a good recline and squished legs. Oh well... safety first I suppose.

FEP Senior Member

I can't find any info about those door speaker enclosures. I guess the company went under or something. Maybe it's even something that Q-logic used to make and has discontinued. That sounds the most plausable to me.

I'll have to call my friend and ask him if he remembers who made those things.
    --John

FEP Senior Member

Ok... I asked my friend. They were Audioforms door panel enclosures. That being said.. I think the company that made them is no more.

I can find some pics of some on the net, but I can't find anyone that sells them or a company that makes them.
    --John

FEP Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MR GO FAST
    especially when you can purchase speakers powerfull enough (that sound great as well) that can be installed in the dash.
    Exactly. People ignore this fact because they think only big speakers sound good. hmm How do those fancy computer speaker setups sound so good then? Getting some HIGH QUALITY dash speakers will look good since you aren't hacking anything, and sound good. PLus thieves cannto see that you have aftermarket speakers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12