Close

Default 84 Mustang Cruise Control Information

Guys, I feel stupid asking this question. However, after hours of searching and hunting, I still have no answer. Does anyone know the correct technical name and part number for the cruise control black plastic retainer that connects the cruise control cable to the throttle cable on a carbed 84 GT? Mine is broke and I would like to try to find a replacement. If I can't find one, then I will have to try to 3-D print a replacement. I have inserted a couple pictures below for reference. The best name that I have found so far is "Cruise Control Actuator Retainer". Not sure if that is correct and this part has no identification numbers on it. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank You
    Name:  Carb1.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  29.2 KB
    Name:  Clips1.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  22.2 KB
    Name:  Clip2.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  20.5 KB

Most likely that was never serviced by Ford as a standalone part. It was part of the throttle cable assembly and therefore was only replaced as the whole part. Therefore there was never a part number or specific name for it. Most likely a replacement throttle cable, good used part, or 3D printing are your best options. I woul bet that Ford used the clip on mutliple models and over several years so a J/Y trip might be your quickets option.

The only thing I could find that was similiar is this: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9758-RC/mus...ble-clip-86-93 but that is only for the EFI 5.0 from 86-93. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller