Close

FEP Member

Default 12 volt switched power source

84 Ltd lx t5 8.8. I am in the final stages of installing a 347 with a pro flo 4 fuel injection system. One of the wire needs to be connected to a 12 volt switched power source that provides 12 volts when the key is both “on and cranking”. I know that I had it wired up to the switched power source on my previous setup, but I wired it 10 years ago and I have forgot a lot since then. The pro flo instructions state “do not connect the wire to the positive side of the coil”.

Default 12 volt switched power source

Fuse 18 should be what you’re looking for if I recall from my Holley instructions. At least that is where the Holley pulls the switched power from using a fuse tap.

(Also happy to see a fellow LTD modifier!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 LTD LX, 160k mile Explorer 5.0, Comp XE264HR-14 cam, Alex’s Parts springs on stock GT40 3 bar heads, Unported Explorer intake, 1 5/8 shorty headers, off-road H-Pipe, Spintech 9000 mufflers, Holley Terminator X Max, J-Mod 4R70W, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Tubular front and rear control arms, front coilovers, Turbocoupe rear coil springs

FEP Member

Thanks for the info.

My car isn't finished yet, but i plan on installing a 6 fuse standalone fuse box. That way i can attach that to switched power and then add additional switched 12v power as needed.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Default standalone fuse box

A std 12v relay, with a second fuse box and ground bar, adds another independent 12v power circuit from the battery.
    No added loads on the factory switched circuit.
    Inexpensive, parts are easy to get locally.
    Provides 30a+ to a new second independent fuse box that is independent from the car main fuse panel.

Run new large gauge wire with a maxifuse from battery to relay.
    Use switched power circuit to control the relay.
    The relay powers up/down the entire second fuse box.
    Adds more switched power circuits to the car. How many depends on how many fuses the second fuse box contains.
    Works great for adding accessories like radios, amps, lighting, 12v power points, without tapping into main fuse panel.
    My aux power box and ground bar fit behind the glove box. Easy access after removing glove box liner.

Buss ATC 30a fuse panel
    Littelfuse Maxi 30a fuse, fuseblock holder with cover
    10-12g yellow wire
    Dorman 84601 4 pin 30a relay
    wire terminals
    buss bar for ground wires..
    Last edited by gr79; 08-30-2021 at 01:37 PM.

FEP Member

Thanks for the info. I know I will have multiple accessories that will need 12 v switched power.

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    A std 12v relay, with a second fuse box and ground bar, adds another independent 12v power circuit from the battery.
    No added loads on the factory switched circuit.
    Inexpensive, parts are easy to get locally.
    Provides 30a+ to a new second independent fuse box that is independent from the car main fuse panel.

Run new large gauge wire with a maxifuse from battery to relay.
    Use switched power circuit to control the relay.
    The relay powers up/down the entire second fuse box.
    Adds more switched power circuits to the car. How many depends on how many fuses the second fuse box contains.
    Works great for adding accessories like radios, amps, lighting, 12v power points, without tapping into main fuse panel.
    My aux power box and ground bar fit behind the glove box. Easy access after removing glove box liner.

Buss ATC 30a fuse panel
    Littelfuse Maxi 30a fuse, fuseblock holder with cover
    10-12g yellow wire
    Dorman 84601 4 pin 30a relay
    wire terminals
    buss bar for ground wires..
    ^^^ this is exactly my plan. You may have explained it better than i did tho hahaha
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.