Close

Thumbs down Steeda springs and their lifetime warranty lies

Just wanted to let the cat out of the bag that Steeda lifetime warranties are nothing more than a marketing lie to sell products. I have been getting strung along for over two months now by this company on getting a lifetime warranty replacement on the sagged out set of 555-8200 Steeda sport lowering springs on my car, which I have the original receipt for. There is a one inch difference in ride height front left vs front right on my car, and I can no longer put passengers in the car without it hitting the exhaust off the ground or hitting the right rear tire off of the inside of my quarter.

These guys agreed to send me another set of springs after over a month and a half of spotty communications with them, and have once again gone silent on me. I don't get responses back from them unless I am rude to them and threatening to expose them, and I really don't like having to do things this way.

I have all of my email correspondences with this company if anyone would like any more information. I have nothing to hide, and I'd like to encourage anyone looking to buy performance suspension components for a fox body Ford Mustang, Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, F150, F250, F350, Raptor, Ranger, Explorer to steer clear of Steeda since they don't stand behind their products or lifetime warranties they choose to advertise.

Send them an inquiry yourself, and see how long it takes to get a response back. For me it typically takes me sending 2 emails for one response back.

support@steedasupport.zendesk.com

Cale

What is their excuse for not sending replacements?
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

I haven't even been given an excuse. They agreed to replace them, I gave them my address and agreed to pay for the shipping and have not heard back since sending that email on July 18th. Ignoring their customers until they go away seems to be their MO. They need to be continuously prodded to respond to emails. I asked for a direct phone number to the original agent I was emailing with since it was taking so long for them to respond, and got no response to that question either. I understand places are busy and under staffed right now, but this has gone on far too long. My first email to them was sent on May 28th, and it was ignored until I followed it up June 23rd. Then I got my first response from them on June 24th.

Cale

Yeah that's definitely no way to run a business. Sounds like plain ol poor management.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

FEP Member

If they don’t make good on replacements I have a pair of Steeda V6 sport springs that I need to find a home for.

We took them out of our 86 when we converted to coil overs.

I might have the rears somewhere as well, but it has been nearly 2 decades since I have seen them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Member

Most if not all parts suppliers are drying up. Many employees are not working but taking money to stay at home. Inventory is getting sparse and not much in the way of replacements are arriving.
    Still, this should be stated to customers instead of silence.

I got a pretty quick response from Steeda after starting this thread and emailing the link to them. I was given an 800 number to call and told the shipping total will be $28.46. I got some excuses about staff shortages blah blah blah... whatever it's been over 2 months and they only respond when I resort to being a jerk and using leverage. I'll keep you guys posted on how this goes.

Originally Posted by 86lx
    If they don’t make good on replacements I have a pair of Steeda V6 sport springs that I need to find a home for.

We took them out of our 86 when we converted to coil overs.

I might have the rears somewhere as well, but it has been nearly 2 decades since I have seen them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the offer. I may be set now though.

Cale

Glad you got a response. A shame things have to escalate. Unfortunately folks standing behind their products is a rarity these days.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by graphicdesigner80 View Post
    Glad you got a response. A shame things have to escalate. Unfortunately folks standing behind their products is a rarity these days.
    It really is, especially with a company of this caliber. The good news is that I just got off of the phone with Steeda, and it sounds like I should have replacements by the end of the week. I'll keep this updated, and I hope that Steeda tries to take better care of their customers in the future.

Cale