Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I don't recall the whole issue right now, but I know another member that did the single pump swap and had issues with getting full power to the single pump in the tank. I wish I remembered what exactly was the issue, but they weren't getting a full 12V to the pump in the tank after making the swap and it was causing fueling issues since the pump was not at full power. Might not be an issue for you, but might be worth double checking that you have full voltage to the pump when running. Just a thought. Good Luck!
    I will check this for sure. Heading out to get started in a few minutes. My intention is to double check the filters. Reinstall the frame mounted pump temporarily. Recheck pressure and try to start. Then go from there with removing the fuel, droping the tank and checking the new 255lph. Thank you.
    1984 Mustang SVO
    1989 Saleen Mustang 0448
    1990 Ford Bronco
    1988 Honda CRX
    2014 Ford Edge Sport

Big thanks to everyone who chimed in and offered their help!

turned out the rubber hose on the fuel pump split. Split bad. New hose and only about 200 mi. Crazy.
    1984 Mustang SVO
    1989 Saleen Mustang 0448
    1990 Ford Bronco
    1988 Honda CRX
    2014 Ford Edge Sport

That would definitely cause some trouble. Glad you found it!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

Great! Glad you got it figured out.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

On my 79 2.3T, the tach went crazy when the timing belt broke.
    Have had dist coil pickup wires fail. Reman Cardone dist ok after 21 years.
    85 2.3 had TFI module on dist fail once out of the blue fortunately when leaving parking lot at work.
    On my 93 2.3 DIS, when it quits, check list is ICM, fuel pump relay, primary coil pack. I carry spares onboard.
    FP relay in underhood ele box used to work itself just enough out of socket to cause problems.
    Foam camper tape fills the gap between relays and box cover just right. Cured issue dealer did not.

LOL. So fuel pump hose was 100% the main problem. It was running but not great. Finally had time to tie up the loose ends set the ign timing etc. noticed it was running SUPER rich. Like dripping gas out the exhaust rich.

pump making some horrible noises. Threw the pressure gauge on. Fuel pressure pegged the gauge. Bad fuel pressure regulator.

i wonder if one had anything to do with the other? Low pressure from hose leak killed regulator or bad regulator somehow blew hose??? Was running great up until the second the hose blew and the car died? I can see regulator going bad causing crazy pressure from the pump. But enough to blow the hose? Looking at the hose. It looks more blown out than spit. All the string is shot of it. Crazy.

new regulator (adj coming) and it fixed it.
    1984 Mustang SVO
    1989 Saleen Mustang 0448
    1990 Ford Bronco
    1988 Honda CRX
    2014 Ford Edge Sport

On TFIs, long ago I started raiding the JY whenever I went for Motorcraft TFIs. Once I get a few stacked up I'll take the time to swap them onto a car to test them out. Then I keep a spare and the tool in the glove box of each car that has one.

steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12