Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    1983 was actually the year that Ford switched from Green illumination of the instrument cluster and dash light to the Red/Orange. It was a done during the production year, I don't remember the exact change over date right now, but it was part way through the model year that the change was made. So early 1983 cars still used the Green instrument illumination as the 79-82 cars, but the later production cars did have the same Red/Orange instrument illumination as the 84-86 cars. I honestly don't know what if any affect this has on a GT Turbo car as I am not very familiar with the production dates and time lines on the GT Turbo. I always thought the GT Turbos were cool, but I have never owned one or done any real research into the specifics on them. So, just some additional information for anyone looking at 1983 model Mustangs/Capris.
    My first car was an 83 Mustang GL, it had green lights for the dash. That must have been an early one.
    86' SVO 1C # 17 of 3379 86's #6475 of 9837
    86' SVO 1C #497 of 3379 86's #6955 of 9837
    84' GT Turbo #4 of 3241 GT Turbo HB's #560 of 3935
    87' Thunderbird TC 1 of 10
    http://www.foureyedpride.com/content...e-of-the-Month

Nice car, but too many projects right now.
    Originally posted by homer302
    When is the last time you have seen a Diesel 1980 Chevette?
    I have. and I think it was still under warrantee when I did.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

If the underside is good I'd totally restore this one. Tax money may make it happen.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

I would still like to know if the car is still available. I live in Houston, wouldn't be a bad trip to try and go see the car in person

If it's still available I may buy it this year. But not as a parts car, I would get it back on the road.

Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

This would be a late 84.5 year model, so it would have the driving lights, red instrument lights, and 5 speed. I'm guessing the green instrument lighting was in early 83 when they still had the 4 speed, and when it was converted to 5 speed I would imagine the newer red instrument lights were also integrated.
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Which would be perfect as my current 84 GT is an early 84 with the early style bumper. So I could park them side by side to demonstrate the differences to people!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12