Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1984 Turbo Mustang GT T-TOP

I have a 1984 Mustang GT Turbo T-TOP for sale. It is original with no modifications except for wheels and tires. It does not currently run, but it will crank. (I am guessing that it is a fuel issue.) it is all there, nothing is missing. It has some light hail damage and the passenger fender behind the wheel is dented. The interior is complete. Only modification is an aftermarket radio. Only rust is surface rust. I also have an extra set of T-TOPS for it.

This car is pretty rough, but is has awesome bones for someone wanting a great Foxbody. I have a bunch of photos, but I have to edit the heck out of them, to get them to fit. I can text or email a bunch.

3500.00 obo.

Name:  resize must 1.jpg
Views: 2116
Size:  457.3 KB
    A preconceived notion is concrete in the head of a fool.

Nothing right now, but working on it

What color interior? What options?
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Red interior, 5 speed, power locks, power windows, cruise, sport seats

I can’t upload photos from my phone. They are too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman32 View Post
    Red interior, 5 speed, power locks, power windows, cruise, sport seats

I can’t upload photos from my phone. They are too large.
    You can, you just need an app that resizes them.
    Saleen 86-0177

Here are some more picsName:  resize 1 must 2.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  320.2 KBName:  resize must 16.jpg
Views: 2019
Size:  337.8 KBName:  resize must 14.jpg
Views: 1991
Size:  274.7 KB

I’m really surprised that there is not more interest in the car.

Anytime the car doesn't run, that scares a lot of folks away, as you then can't determine the state of the motor. Also kills transport, as the cost goes way up if the car isn't running. So for me, the car is too far away for transport and I don't have a truck or trailer, so I'd have to arrange to borrow both. Give it some more time, I'm sure it will sell.

Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

That is a Great Price and a cool car.

It does turn over with a fresh battery, so the engine is not seized. I didn’t worry about getting it running because it was not my intention of using the turbo four. I have a 351w. I just decided that I didn’t want to tear apart a car that is so hard to find. I have an 87 fox that I am going to modify.

It does turn over with a fresh battery, so the engine is not seized. I didn’t worry about getting it running because it was not my intention of using the turbo four. I have a 351w. I just decided that I didn’t want to tear apart a car that is so hard to find. I have an 87 fox that I am going to modify.
    Message sent
    1982 Mercury Capri Godzilla swapped/T56
    1984 Mercury Capri RS T-Top, 4.6 Terminator Whipple
    1979 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, SVO powertrain..(under construction)
    1979 Mercury Capri RS Bright Yellow
    1983 Mercury Capri RS 21k original miles
    1985 Mercury Capri Mclaren Convertible

Check out my youtube channel for Four Eyed Fox stuff!
    https://youtube.com/@401foxbody

NEAT! I had a 84 1/2 T top GT Turbo a few years ago and LOVED it. Mine was also not running and I paid $600 for it. That was 9 years ago though. Mine didn't come with sport seats but I put them in. I liked the heck out of that car. Unfortunately, rare does not equal value. That's the first mistake people make. When is the last time you have seen a Diesel 1980 Chevette (my guess is NEVER - talk about RARE) and how much, exactly would YOU pay for one? Good luck with your sale. Someone will come along. A LOT of people TALK but not so many are willing to shell out cash.
    Last edited by homer302; 08-20-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Bump for Christmas.

I can't believe someone hasn't bought this!!!!

No one has even contacted me.

If only I had a house with a garage I'd be all over this one.

It would complete my red, white, blue Fox Mustang goal.

I have a red convertible and a blue notch, I just need a white hatch -T-Top preferred.

GLWS

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

My son just totaled his crown vic. Too bad this isnt closer to a driver status, would be a good car.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Still have it if there’s any interest.

Is this still available? It would look right at home next to my 84 GT350 Turbo.

Yes it is still available.

Is the car still available ?

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

I wonder (maybe Foxchassis knows from Reg. stats) how many '84's were produced over '83; I'll bet they outnumber them at least 3:1. The one thing I love about '83 is green illumination only, and no Autos a.k.a. "slushies"

1983 was actually the year that Ford switched from Green illumination of the instrument cluster and dash light to the Red/Orange. It was a done during the production year, I don't remember the exact change over date right now, but it was part way through the model year that the change was made. So early 1983 cars still used the Green instrument illumination as the 79-82 cars, but the later production cars did have the same Red/Orange instrument illumination as the 84-86 cars. I honestly don't know what if any affect this has on a GT Turbo car as I am not very familiar with the production dates and time lines on the GT Turbo. I always thought the GT Turbos were cool, but I have never owned one or done any real research into the specifics on them. So, just some additional information for anyone looking at 1983 model Mustangs/Capris.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 03-04-2023 at 05:59 AM.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I have a 1984 Mustang GT Turbo T-TOP for sale. It is original with no modifications except for wheels and tires. It does not currently run, but it will crank. (I am guessing that it is a fuel issue.) it is all there, nothing is missing. It has some light hail damage and the passenger fender behind the wheel is dented. The interior is complete. Only modification is an aftermarket radio. Only rust is surface rust. I also have an extra set of T-TOPS for it.

This car is pretty rough, but is has awesome bones for someone wanting a great Foxbody. I have a bunch of photos, but I have to edit the heck out of them, to get them to fit. I can text or email a bunch.

3500.00 obo.

Name:  resize must 1.jpg
Views: 2116
Size:  457.3 KB

When I write my book about selling cars, I'm going to use this photograph! Car looks like it spent it life in Galveston, TX. First thing I would do is blow like $300 fixing all the "less-than" aspects to car--(1) set of Headlights, GT-Turbo Decal kit, 'cheapie' seatcovers in Red, Emblems, set of j/y Phonedial rollers, etc, and of course get it running--even if off a bottle. Could get at least 5 Grand if this was done (or at least get the phone to ring!) This car for sure spent years at the beach, has all the tell-tale signs. As it looks today, with no effort, I'm thinking Parts Car. Good Luck to you.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 03-04-2023 at 07:47 AM. Reason: info added

1983 Turbo GT production numbers
    convertibles = 0
    hatchbacks = 556
    total = 556

1984 Turbo GT production numbers (G.T.350 included)
    convertibles = 732
    hatchbacks = 3241
    total = 3973

Production of the 1983 Turbo GT started late in the model year. The first one was supposedly produced on 03/24/83, which was almost eight months after 1983 production started. I don't know when during the 1983 model year that instrumentation illumination switched from blue-green to red-orange.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-04-2023 at 01:26 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Oh great Mick, I just noticed this! Thx, and thanks to Trey

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    1983 Turbo GT production numbers
    convertibles = 0
    hatchbacks = 556
    total = 556

1984 Turbo GT production numbers (G.T.350 included)
    convertibles = 732
    hatchbacks = 3241
    total = 3973

Production of the 1983 Turbo GT started late in the model year. The first one was supposedly produced on 03/24/83, which was almost eight months after 1983 production started. I don't know when during the 1983 model year that instrumentation illumination switched from blue-green to red-orange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast