Close

Default 1984 Turbo Mustang GT T-TOP

I have a 1984 Mustang GT Turbo T-TOP for sale. It is original with no modifications except for wheels and tires. It does not currently run, but it will crank. (I am guessing that it is a fuel issue.) it is all there, nothing is missing. It has some light hail damage and the passenger fender behind the wheel is dented. The interior is complete. Only modification is an aftermarket radio. Only rust is surface rust. I also have an extra set of T-TOPS for it.

This car is pretty rough, but is has awesome bones for someone wanting a great Foxbody. I have a bunch of photos, but I have to edit the heck out of them, to get them to fit. I can text or email a bunch.

3500.00 obo.

Name:  resize must 1.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  457.3 KB
    A preconceived notion is concrete in the head of a fool.

Nothing right now, but working on it

What color interior? What options?
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2021 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Red interior, 5 speed, power locks, power windows, cruise, sport seats

I can’t upload photos from my phone. They are too large.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman32 View Post
    Red interior, 5 speed, power locks, power windows, cruise, sport seats

I can’t upload photos from my phone. They are too large.
    You can, you just need an app that resizes them.
    Saleen 86-0177

Here are some more picsName:  resize 1 must 2.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  320.2 KBName:  resize must 16.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  337.8 KBName:  resize must 14.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  274.7 KB

I’m really surprised that there is not more interest in the car.

Anytime the car doesn't run, that scares a lot of folks away, as you then can't determine the state of the motor. Also kills transport, as the cost goes way up if the car isn't running. So for me, the car is too far away for transport and I don't have a truck or trailer, so I'd have to arrange to borrow both. Give it some more time, I'm sure it will sell.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2021 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

That is a Great Price and a cool car.

It does turn over with a fresh battery, so the engine is not seized. I didn’t worry about getting it running because it was not my intention of using the turbo four. I have a 351w. I just decided that I didn’t want to tear apart a car that is so hard to find. I have an 87 fox that I am going to modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman32 View Post
    It does turn over with a fresh battery, so the engine is not seized. I didn’t worry about getting it running because it was not my intention of using the turbo four. I have a 351w. I just decided that I didn’t want to tear apart a car that is so hard to find. I have an 87 fox that I am going to modify.
    Message sent
    1993 Mustang Coupe, Blk,Blk, 03 Cobra Swap, 500/500
    1984 Mercury Capri RS T-Top,5.8 inj,
    1979 Mercury Capri RS Turbo, SVO powertrain..(under construction)

NEAT! I had a 84 1/2 T top GT Turbo a few years ago and LOVED it. Mine was also not running and I paid $600 for it. That was 9 years ago though. Mine didn't come with sport seats but I put them in. I liked the heck out of that car. Unfortunately, rare does not equal value. That's the first mistake people make. When is the last time you have seen a Diesel 1980 Chevette (my guess is NEVER - talk about RARE) and how much, exactly would YOU pay for one? Good luck with your sale. Someone will come along. A LOT of people TALK but not so many are willing to shell out cash.
    Last edited by homer302; 08-20-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775