Using the instructions from another thread, I got new keys for the t tops cut. They work, and I'm able to get the key in, rotate the cylinder 90 degrees, and it'll pop out about 3/4", rotate the key back 90 degrees, and it'll stay in the "out" position, and as I understand it, that's the unlocked position, yeah? If I do the reverse on the driver's side, the lock cylinder stays more or less flush - and I'm assuming that's the locked position.

I'm guessing the previous owner just broken them, since I was able to remove the t tops just fine without a key and the cylinders in the "in" position, for lack of a better word, where they're only poking out from the trim a little bit. Thing is, the passenger's side cylinder won't stay in that "in" position despite having been in that position earlier.

Am I doing something wrong here, or where should I start to get this fixed? It's not terribly troubling, but it's probably going to annoy me at some point. I did some searching, and it seemed like most of the hits I got were just for missing t top keys, and eventually 'I'm locked out what do I do' and then some threads about engine rebuilds.

Thanks in advance.