Close

Default Hurst shifter boot

I am using a Hurst shifter and am wondering what shifter boot others are using. I have an 84 convertible with an old (rubber?) shifter boot and it's getting beat up. I was looking at the replacement boot from LMR and they say it leather and I'm not sure the shifter will fit through the hole. I would like to see most of the shifter, Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Tom

Back in the day I’ve seen the 1994 and up Gt/cobra’s boots used, came in colors also…..

Thanks, I'll look into it.

FEP Senior Member

You might be able to use the Hurst embossed, leather boot that was used in the Mustang SVOs. The opening on the top of the boot might be big enough. Just lose the plastic washer they used at the top.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Thanks, I was wondering if the new replacement boots had that washer.

Tom

South Eastern Pa. Bringing up the rear of The rat race...

I think Hurst makes a console kit for their shifter. https://core-shifters.com/products/h...986-mustang-t5 if this looks like yours, you can retrofit a replacement Hurst boot into this bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by Four Eyed Fox View Post
    I think Hurst makes a console kit for their shifter. https://core-shifters.com/products/h...986-mustang-t5 if this looks like yours, you can retrofit a replacement Hurst boot into this bezel.
    Thank you.

What if you don't have a console?

I found one on ebay (I tried to find the listing) with a bezel that would work great

I used a Hurst boot back in the day. Never really fit right. Eventually I went back to the factory "leather" boot.
    Theodore J. Garbera, 1985 Mercury Capri RS