Close

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Default 1986 Capri build thread

This is my son's car that he bought, I'm supplying a lot of the parts, and labor, due to his school and work schedule. The car is in really good shape, almost hate to make it a street/strip car, but that's what's happening with it.
    I've made a couple videos and put them on the channel so people can see it, now that I've got this thread started I can probably add pics as I go along to complement the videos, because I don't do videos that often.
    Initial video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyDO...EdBkDL&index=1
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Third and latest video. I've made more progress since the last video, I just hadn't made a video about it. Bottom is cleaned, rearend is ready to go in, engine bay is cleaned and painted, manual pedal assy. is in, wiring harnesses are taped up and installed, coil overs in along with QA1 k-member, hoping to get V8 fuel lines installed and brake lines hooked up to line lock this week, as I'll only have a couple nights to work on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmv4...EdBkDL&index=3

Latest video, hadn't done anything with it since that video was made, been out of town. Work will commence on it again some today and this week. Going to get it on the ground to roll it outside so I can bring red car in to change rear main seal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFSQkW_w-90&t=173s