Close

Default Front Vert Power Window Motors Removal

Guys, I have a 84 Convertible model and trying to remove the power window motor from the Front Drivers side. So far I have removed the 3 bolts that attaches to the regulator and it is separated from the regulator but it will not come out, seems like it is stuck and not to the regulator, but in its confined little space. Since the door does not have the speaker cut-outs like the 87 and up which direction does it need to come out? Do i need to remove the whole window regulator to get it out? Thanks
    1984 Mustang Convertible 5.0 5spd

2000 Mustang GT Convertible Procharged

2005 Mustang GT Full Bolt On's

2002 Vette Convertible Vortech on Methanol

Shouldn't have too. I replaced both mine on my 84 t-top. It was a major pain in the ass but I did it. Helps if you have small arms. I dont but my daughter does lol. Make sure you have the window held up with some wood so it doesn't fall when the motor pops out. Also removing the 2 screws that hold the window track in helps with getting your arm in. I just circled the washer with a marker so I knew exactly where to put the screw back when I tightened it up. I just removed the 3 screws and it popped out and I lowered it to the bottom of door with my hand. Pulled it out and put the new one in. It's a very tight squeeze.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Here is a link to my thread that I started about this. I'd think it's the same for a convertable
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...l-how-the-heck
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Here is a link to my thread that I started about this. I'd think it's the same for a convertable
    http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...l-how-the-heck

Thanks for the help!!

Luckily, I wont have to remove the window motor anymore. When i was testing the plug I didnt ground the other wire in the 2 wire terminal. So now i have to figure out why my switches don't work. Also My 84 has a 1990 Interior swap, Dash, Wiring and all, Except for the Door wiring which is oem 84. I have a set of doors from a 90 nand up mustang I was planning to install, But I don't like the look of the door mounted mirrors, I prefer the oem mounted exterior mirrors. I think I will remove the wiring from the 90+ doors and put it in the 84 and test from there.
    1984 Mustang Convertible 5.0 5spd

2000 Mustang GT Convertible Procharged

2005 Mustang GT Full Bolt On's

2002 Vette Convertible Vortech on Methanol