Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FEP Power Member

Was at Wally world earlier and saw this parked near me.

On the plus side, last REAL Corvette imo. REAL men shift their own gears.

But I am glad I saw this parked and not on the road....where the glare would be blinding.

Name:  20210701_160502hy.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  955.3 KB

I try to come one here a few times a week, and over on F.B. but thats just not the same feeling as here but thats life of a retired navy man......lol but still waiting for my 347 build to get done at the machine shop and spending money building a race motorcycle
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

I'm on FaceBook but rarely have anything to say since it seems to be mostly arguments. I check in here every day or two but since I lost my ability to post pics I don't really bother to add anything anymore. I've asked several times how to fix the problem and get no response(s). Kinda pisses me off.

There have been quite a few times I had an answer. Oh well...
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post
    I'm on FaceBook but rarely have anything to say since it seems to be mostly arguments. I check in here every day or two but since I lost my ability to post pics I don't really bother to add anything anymore. I've asked several times how to fix the problem and get no response(s). Kinda pisses me off.

I'm a Mod and I don't know what's up with the site, so don't feel bad. I get asked questions that I can't answer, and I get no answers either. It seems like it's just on auto-pilot.

I got tired of playing games with site-centered hosting of pics, so I've just been hosting my own for a good number of years now.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

Pics are easy to post using Tapatalk. Perhaps the only good thing about it maybe...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I've got a bunch of really old pics that no longer matter and I can't delete them. I have tried every possible combination and have given up.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

I moved to the UK for work in 2018. My 85 is in storage in the states. Been restoring an 88 coupe for the past few years as a project so I've not been down with the 4-eye'd scene for a while.
    Black 1985 GT: 408w, in the 6's in the 1/8 mile
    Bimini Blue 1988 LX 5.0 Coupe 5-speed, Hellion turbo, zero options
    Grabber Yellow 1973 Mustang Mach 1: 351c, toploader
    Black 2012 5.0 GT, 6-speed, Brembo brakes, 3.73's
    Wimbledon White 1966 F-100 Shortbed Styleside, 390, Tremec 3550, FiTech EFI

Check in regularily, not too often I have something to add, but is my number one source for info on my 86 Vert.

Unfortunately, FB has taken over. This used to be THE SITE for 79-86 Fox Bodies, now it does not seem to get much play. Not sure how FEP can make the back to what it was but I hope we do. I have posted several WTB seeking Mustangs for my little collection but do not get much, if any, replies. I have purchased several from other FEP members but none the last 2-3 years. Bummer. I LOVE FEP. Hopefully the magic can come back! Fingers crossed.

I am going to try to pop in more often again. Now that I have started working on my 85 GT again, I'll be around!
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

I love it here
    I am not running a SBF tho, so really just need help with chassis stuff. No it’s not an LS lmao.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

I think I might be able to delete some of your attachments (pictures) if you send me a list of the file names you want deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by D3vst8r96gt View Post
    The highest number of active members was just before the pandemic which is suprising to me considering the platform is 30 years old. Most forums are dying/slowing because of FB groups, now FB is slowly dying too.
    This. Facebook IMHO is a farce full of incorrect information that gets edited for Ethnic, Totalitarian and Monetary rudiments.

It can form a minority report of your views and likes and on sell it. Of course, that doesnt stop me being a Face Booker!

Important thing is, Here at FEP, we can just browse and learn and get help. Down here, I can buy any kind of Fox 4 or New Edge I like, but nothing compares to the fun of seeing any of the 78 to 86's ( plus the Sterling built S car LSC's and T birds) getting meaner, tougher and more sought after and easier to repair properly.

More importantly, there is way more performance to be had with an iron block pushrod engine. I'm thinking a Hammer Head Dart 363 block for me, and its gotta be an 81 like the one I had from 2010 to 2015. I've had Fords from all over the world. The humble little Quick Renown Fox jumps the Fence and Facebookers be FEPlanted. With much love....

Neither here nor there

Hello fellow FEP friends

I am still here! Then again I have no place to go! Besides the wife took away my hall pass.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Supporter

I am always around too. While I do Facebook, this is the place I would come to look for technical information and a much homier feel.

I haven't spent much time working on our current project in the last year and may have burned myself out a bit on the others but it will be getting back on track again. For posts, I haven't had a lot to share recently either, can't answer a lot of mechanical questions confidently and not working on our own cars has me not asking questions myself.

It is good to see new members still coming up in the introductions section but with it quieter do not see much engagement from most it seems.

Greetings all. It's been many years since I've posted. Even then I was more of a lurker. I check the forum a few times a week and definitely prefer it to FB. I too hope that the forum will make a comeback and regain it's popularity. I still have my '86 GT and also an '86 LX notchback.
    Name:  86g.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  137.0 KB
    Name:  86n.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  139.7 KB

FEP Member

I check in occasionally as well, sold my last Fox in 2017 but still own an 08 GT500, still love Foxes but they are WAYY more rare than unicorns here in rust-anada. I have no social media but may anonymously join FB just for the Marketplace since what few classifieds we had here have died off since Covid.

I was forced to sell mine years ago, so I stopped logging in to the mustang boards. Would love to find another one, but my lifes no better than when I joined here. At least I still have the offy intake. One day I'll get another one, if they aren't $20k by then. I've been trying to focus on my writing and whatnot

Been here since 2013. Started looking for help with my 86 LX and liked what I saw then joined.
    Have little use for all that unsocial social media drama.
    I have found many a friend here and great source knowledge of our shared auto passion.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Still here !
    1979 Ghia Coupe
    5.0/C4
    Polar White
    1981 Cobra
    Gen 2 Coyote/6R80
    Bright Bittersweet
    2022 Mustang GT
    10r80 Whipple
    Eruption Green

Here as well....
    '85GT Bright Atlantic Blue
    '92LX Bimini Blue-sold
    '93 COBRA Teal Metallic-sold
    '86SVO Oxford White-sold
    '86GT 'Vert True Blue-sold
    '81'GT' Medium Red-sold

I drifted away for a few years while I went back to school. Never sold any of my foxes. In fact, I bought 3 more in the last 18 months! lol
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Not as active up here as I once was. I still check in from time to time though.
    NCSU 08 Mathematics
    86 GT 5-speed, GT-40 heads, TFS1 cam, Performer EFI intake- 13.77@101.4
    66 mustang coupe-5.0 HO, T-5, 3.80 gears
    If everything seems under control, youre not going fast enough--Mario Andretti

I still pop in here every now and then but honestly there isn't a whole lot going on. And my car was a bare shell and I had an 87 parts car soooo yeah there won't be any photos of mine on here. I have had random thoughts of trying to track down my 85 though. Last I heard it was in ohio.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast