Hope you get back up to speed Trey. You’re a wealth of knowledge and importantly you’re willing to share it. Very much appreciate you being here.

Regarding the participation rate, some observations based on my membership of multiple forums cause I own multiple brands/makes.

* we encourage people to search before posting questions which effectively reduces participation if quality answers are found.
* when I’m doing a build my participation goes up cause I’m more active researching and get involved with answering posts.
* once a build is done I’m researching less so my participation rate goes down cause I just dont need log in as much.
* if someone gives a brilliant answer, I’m less likely to respond since I have little value added, but I did participate by reading/thinking.
* social media is nice for sharing/touching base/participating but has no ability to serve as a serious technical reference beyond you tube how to videos.

Because of the research aspect, I think views are a better measure of participation than actual posts/responses.

Given the choice of losing social media or the forum, social media is a no brainer to lose. I value the forum’s significant technical knowledge - both archived and live.