Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I just bought my old car back after 13 years, I’ll be contributing where I can now.
    Garage
    1983 Mustang GLX convertible 5.0 5speed (father's) 9.42 @ 76mph (sold)
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed (project, mine) 9.05 @ 77.43mph (sold)
    ^^ 13 years later bought the 1985 back as of 02/04/22

Pretty bad when this is the most active thread on the board lol
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

It will probably pick up once the weather warms up
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP User

I still check in from time to time. Sold my '86 SVO 11 years ago and my '89 notch last year. Only Mustang left in the family is my dad's '66 coupe which needs repair after the Joplin, MO tornado of 2011. I still want a '79-'82 hatch I-6 ('81-'82 Capri T-top preferred) someday but it'll have to wait. Got rid of a lot of stuff 3.5 years ago. We sold the house and started traveling the country full-time in an RV. I'm gone during the week for work most weeks. Right now my Ford is a 2011 F-350 crew cab long bed dually!
    Former owner of a 1986 Mustang SVO.

Blainer is still here. If the Facebook one was gone, I would hope the website would thrive again.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blainer; 05-13-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Wonder if I should join FB. I won't stop coming here though

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Wonder if I should join FB. I won't stop coming here though

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    If you do make sure you follow the directions there. I will 'ignore' the request otherwise.

I used to only come on to update my build thread every few months, then took a break while I was buying my home and starting renovations, recently started visiting a couple times a day to read old threads and try to post regularly.

I think we owe it to future generations to keep these records alive and not let the talk move to fb where info is there and gone the next day where it can't be found
    Devin

1979 Mustang Cobra - IRS, MM Suspension, 302/t5
    Check out my build thread for tons of IRS info, and general restoration help. There's a little bit of everything -->goo.gl/krmqNz
    Pm's welcome if you have any questions

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helltime View Post
    I just bought my old car back after 13 years, I’ll be contributing where I can now.
    That's something, I bought MY old car back after 13 years too! Actually, that's when I joined this site.

On an aside Moderators, we should close this thread. If people read "its struggling" it will get jinx-y, and most will run, i.e. "The 1982-1993 Mustang GT" page. One user has appeared in like one year.

I was absent for a loooong time too. I'm going to be doing a lot more with my Zephyr getting it cleaned up and driveable again after it sat for the past 5-7 years. I feel horrible how bad I neglected it but its coming along! I'll post some new photos soon
    '79 Z7 w/sunroof, first car, 302, 5-speed, 8.8 Rear Disc
    '68 Cougar 302 4v Auto
    '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    '03 F250 V10
    '04 Volkswagen Golf 2.0
    '07 Hyundai Entourage

I was here over a decade ago, under a now forgotten username, but when I moved away from Foxes in general, I didn't have anything relevant to chatter about. Now that I have a 1984.5 GT350 in the collection I am back into early Foxes and now have a reason to visit. It's quite nice to see this spot survived the digital media re-organization that occurred around 2010. Most of the forums that I used to contribute to, or volunteer with, have either folded up or were purchased and re-formatted by the giant Vertical Scope media.

Neither here nor there

Back to say hi and now my son bought an 85

OMG! That is amazing!!! love the ROH wheels!
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    Back to say hi and now my son bought an 85

That is awesome your son bought an '85 Capri. Both of the cars look great. I bet they get a lot of attention at shows and cruises.

L0ck this thread, its totaI j!nx-sauce...

Neither here nor there

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    L0ck this thread, its totaI j!nx-sauce...
    You're not wrong lol

Quote Originally Posted by Capriman86 View Post
    You're not wrong lol
    Nice to see you again, Jeff!

Even Blackgt85 is gone, the OP who asked this question lol

Its cool to see this forum still here, I joined back in spring of 2005 when my dad bought his foxbody. Bought my own spring of 08 sold it spring of 09, and bought that same car back about 10 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Garage
    1983 Mustang GLX convertible 5.0 5speed (father's) 9.42 @ 76mph (sold)
    1985 Mustang GT 5speed (project, mine) 9.05 @ 77.43mph (sold)
    ^^ 13 years later bought the 1985 back as of 02/04/22

FEP Power Member

Maybe we're just getting old and the car scene isn't like it use to be? Our cars are quite old also

New User

I've been a member since 2002 and hardly ever post anything. I read a lot of the threads weekly, but never have anything interesting to write. I have 5 fox bodies and love this forum. I've had my first Capri for 24 years now and they seem to multiply in the backyard. My kids are getting older, and I'm anxious to start a build thread, finally. Life is busy, lol

New User

Old is relative.... I have a '61 Scout.... that is old Our foxes are still young!

I’m still lurking but the past 4 years or so haven’t awarded me the extra time to hang around here like I used to.
    I need to check in more often to see what’s shaking in the forums.
    Brock
    1984 Mustang LX Convertible 3.8L V-6/Auto (SOLD)
    1984 Mustang GT Hatchback 5.0 V-8/5 Speed

I'm an FEP Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by 84StangSVT View Post
    I’m still lurking but the past 4 years or so haven’t awarded me the extra time to hang around here like I used to.
    I need to check in more often to see what’s shaking in the forums.
    Same.

I have actually been wrenching on the ol mustangs quite a bit, though. I've been doing a lot of metal work, rust repair, sanding and painting. I've got the engine bay primed and ready for paint in pace car #2. Picked up a t5 for it yesterday and did some fab work on the 79 cobra.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

I have been busy the last 3 years trying to get a new business up and running and keep it running during all the Pandemic issues. Thankfully it is still moving along. On Feb 14 I had bilateral knee replacement after dealing with severe knee pain for the past 30 years. Both knees were wasted. Dr said, they weren't they worst he had ever seen, but definitively in the top 10 for deterioration due to arthritis, etc. Started recovery and physical therapy for the knees. Then last Thursday I was rushed to the ER due to difficulty breathing only to find out that I had fluid on my lungs due to Rona Virus (common cold). They did a MRI to determine that I had 1.3ML of fluid on my lungs that ended up having to be drained off ( I don't recommend it if you don't have to) they also found that my heart was in AFlutter similiar to Afib, but harder to control and reset. Unfortunately they also found a blood clot in my heart that prevented them from doing the reset procedure due to possibility of the blood clot coming loose and going to my brain or other major organ. I spent 6 days in the ICU and they finally released me yesterday to go home and rest. Hopefully in couple of weeks they can shock my heart to reset the rhythm once the clot is dissolved, then about a month after that they will go in and kill the nerve on the heart that causes the Aflutter. So needless to say my spring has not started off quite they way I had planned. But I am still alive and kicking and hanging around. Don't have the energy and stamina I did pre surgery, but it's coming back slowly. I still have way too much work left to do on my Wide Body Project and my 82 GT. In fact, before the whole ER visit I had ordered a k member and several other parts to finish up my 5.4.DOHC swap into my 82 GT and hopefully get that project off the rack in the garage and on the road.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    I have been busy the last 3 years trying to get a new business up and running and keep it running during all the Pandemic issues. Thankfully it is still moving along. On Feb 14 I had bilateral knee replacement after dealing with severe knee pain for the past 30 years. Both knees were wasted. Dr said, they weren't they worst he had ever seen, but definitively in the top 10 for deterioration due to arthritis, etc. Started recovery and physical therapy for the knees. Then last Thursday I was rushed to the ER due to difficulty breathing only to find out that I had fluid on my lungs due to Rona Virus (common cold). They did a MRI to determine that I had 1.3ML of fluid on my lungs that ended up having to be drained off ( I don't recommend it if you don't have to) they also found that my heart was in AFlutter similiar to Afib, but harder to control and reset. Unfortunately they also found a blood clot in my heart that prevented them from doing the reset procedure due to possibility of the blood clot coming loose and going to my brain or other major organ. I spent 6 days in the ICU and they finally released me yesterday to go home and rest. Hopefully in couple of weeks they can shock my heart to reset the rhythm once the clot is dissolved, then about a month after that they will go in and kill the nerve on the heart that causes the Aflutter. So needless to say my spring has not started off quite they way I had planned. But I am still alive and kicking and hanging around. Don't have the energy and stamina I did pre surgery, but it's coming back slowly. I still have way too much work left to do on my Wide Body Project and my 82 GT. In fact, before the whole ER visit I had ordered a k member and several other parts to finish up my 5.4.DOHC swap into my 82 GT and hopefully get that project off the rack in the garage and on the road.
    Sorry to hear of your issues. Glad to hear that things appear to be on the upswing. Best of luck going forward!
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast