Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Where'd Everybody Go???

Was absent from the forums for a while due to working long hours and not having internet access at work. This place used to be quite active, and now it seems to have slowed wayyyy down. Surely not all of us have sold our cars! Maybe Covid caused this, but you'd think that would have made people more active on the forums due to all of the shutdowns.

Anyways, hope everyone is doing fine!
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

The highest number of active members was just before the pandemic which is suprising to me considering the platform is 30 years old. Most forums are dying/slowing because of FB groups, now FB is slowly dying too.

Quote Originally Posted by D3vst8r96gt View Post
    The highest number of active members was just before the pandemic which is suprising to me considering the platform is 30 years old. Most forums are dying/slowing because of FB groups, now FB is slowly dying too.
    This. Facebook IMHO is a farce full of incorrect information that gets edited for Ethnic, Totalitarian and Monetary rudiments.

It can form a minority report of your views and likes and on sell it. Of course, that doesnt stop me being a Face Booker!

Important thing is, Here at FEP, we can just browse and learn and get help. Down here, I can buy any kind of Fox 4 or New Edge I like, but nothing compares to the fun of seeing any of the 78 to 86's ( plus the Sterling built S car LSC's and T birds) getting meaner, tougher and more sought after and easier to repair properly.

More importantly, there is way more performance to be had with an iron block pushrod engine. I'm thinking a Hammer Head Dart 363 block for me, and its gotta be an 81 like the one I had from 2010 to 2015. I've had Fords from all over the world. The humble little Quick Renown Fox jumps the Fence and Facebookers be FEPlanted. With much love....

But we can live!
    I have zero social media except for these forums (this one, full sized Bronco, Goldwing facts) and prefer them to keep plugging along.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    I have zero social media except for these forums (this one, full sized Bronco, Goldwing facts) and prefer them to keep plugging along.
    I agree with you but fear we are in the minority. I'm a member on several car and gun forums and can't stand the FB type format. But it seems all the forums are dying a slow, or in some cases not so slow death.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    But we can live!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    SAme here. I've been popping in daily but really had nothing to say.

Saw something weird while running errands earlier. A '94-'98 Mustang with a targa top. He was waiting to pull out of a parking lot as I drove by, too quick to grab my phone to take a pic. So I have no idea if it actually is set up with a removable roof section or he just cut it out and prays it doesn't rain.

They sold the targa tops as a kit; I looked at one when I had my '98 Mustang but decided if I wanted open air I should stop dithering and get another convertible; so I sold the '98 and bought the '99 which provided the engine currently weighting down the nose of the Mercury...

I'm still lurking in a corner. I might even finish my Zephyr before I retire, only 20 years to go!

The online forums are still the best platform for us car enthusiasts. All of the info is neatly organized and archived for referring back to at a later time or for reviving with updated info. Try that with FB or Twitter. I left FB several months ago, after they started blatantly "censoring dangerous speech" (anything that didn't line up with their own political agenda). The funny thing is, FB started as a platform for objectifying women and catered to "predators" to put it lightly. I'm much happier without it. I just wish there was a better alternative to marketplace. It's getting hard to find parts without it. I've never been on the other platforms. I do like to watch YouTube, but they're getting to be as bad as FB. They've even started altering likes/comments on videos, according to their own ideology.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    The online forums are still the best platform for us car enthusiasts. All of the info is neatly organized and archived for referring back to at a later time or for reviving with updated info. Try that with FB or Twitter. I left FB several months ago, after they started blatantly "censoring dangerous speech" (anything that didn't line up with their own political agenda). The funny thing is, FB started as a platform for objectifying women and catered to "predators" to put it lightly. I'm much happier without it. I just wish there was a better alternative to marketplace. It's getting hard to find parts without it. I've never been on the other platforms. I do like to watch YouTube, but they're getting to be as bad as FB. They've even started altering likes/comments on videos, according to their own ideology.
    Same here. Left FB 3 years ago. Never felt better.

I do feel your pain on parts. CL is a shell of its former self. eBay is about the only alternative for me lately.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

I'm still here, but I'm one of the "Other" Fox people. Haven't owned a Mustang or Capri in over 20 years.
    83 TC "Clone"
    85 Marquis LTS
    86 LTD Wagon

There are about 40 different Fox/Mustang/Capri Facebook groups. Unfortunately, most of them suck. I have seen an occasional car or FEP member that I recognize on them. I'm not as active on the internet as I once was. My poor Capri was has been in purgatory for about 9 years and I just recently started working on it again.

I'll post more here once I buy a house and can really go to work on my 85. Having 4 cars and living in an apartment sucks! I try to contribute when I can and hope this forum stays around. I'm on 3 other forums and I too do not do any of that FB or twit or insta-dork.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

FEP Senior Member

A forum on FB has never made any sense to me, but I guess I am old. Never had an FB account and never plan to.

CL is still decent for parts and tools. I've been on FB marketplace, but it seems so disjointed I don't know how people use it. I like CL because I can search over a wide area for a specific thing relatively quickly. On FB marketplace one post I'm looking at a set of cylinder heads and the next one is a baby crib and then it gets angry if I am searching far from home.
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

This site is doing better then others activity wise, so many forum based sites are just gone. I met so many friends on this site over the years. FB did hurt these forum style sites but I think eventually people will come back to them. FB groups are pretty bad unless you have a good Adim that keeps the content coming but tech advise on FB is terrible. One positive is because of FB car cruises and events are easy to promote and I’m seeing bigger crowds at shows and cruise nights due to the events section. FB marketplace killed seems to have killed craigslist, can’t even remember the last time I searched Craigslist and I use to daily.

I still check in everyday but, don't have much to say.

I check in often but never seam to have anything to say.
    My wife likes me that way!

Hang loose and prosper.
    Jeff

I still lurk around don't do FB at all. I typically don't have much to share am rather private and generally don't like talking about myself. I'm glad that everyone isn't like me. I did make a fairly recent post where I asked if anyone was planning on attending cruising the coast 2021 on the Mississippi gulf coast. I don't recall getting any replies not even a what's that. For the sake of conversation because I guess I am chatty tonight I am planning on going but I am not taking the 84.

I am having a problem with the anny going into gear not sure if that's an adjustment or if it needs a clutch. I haven't searched the forums as yet because I have two other projects tore up right now.

Thanks for making this post it inspired me to stop by and talk which like I said I rarely do.

If anyone else reading this is planning on going to CTC let me know perhaps we can arrange a time to hang out.

Steve

I haven't been a member on this particular forum that long, but i'm a Super Moderator on Modular Fords for the past 15 years, as well as Corral, SVTP, and some smaller Mustang forums like Modded Mustangs. I've also been a member on Nasioc & IWSTi since I purchased my WRX at the end of 2012.

Anyways, like others have stated, FB has been the real root of the issue of why a lot of forums have died down. On ModularFords, me and the other Mods/Admins have been discussing this same issue. ModularFords was never the top Mustang forum around, but I always considered it the premier tech forum for 94-04 GTs and the real attraction years ago was tech talk for the Terminator. We had many Mustang enthusiasts who were engineers and ones that also worked for Ford that had access to technical data that wasn't something you could just find anywhere. It really made the forum something quite unique.

We realized the forum slowed to a near stop due to all the social media presence, mainly FB and all the FB groups people make. The problem with those groups is they do not offer a true community experience and no one has a reputation they feel the need to uphold. On a forum, if you're posting an answer to someone's question, you think first, make sure you're correct and post your reply. On FB, you get a lot of jokers replying to a serious question with a meme or several emojis. They could give bad advice and if this person did that consistently on a forum, that would start to form a reputation and members on the forum would start to know that this person is not a reliable voice. On FB, this person could keep doing this and i'm sure many people would just keep getting bad advice with no repercussions

I do believe forums will regain their popularity again, but I don't think they will ever reach their past height.
    1986 Mustang GT -DGM- Trick Flow 360 HP Top End Kit. TF 170CC Heads, TF Track Max Cam, TF TM Intake
    1999 Mustang GT -Garrett 67mm Turbo, E85 on 18lbs, Built SB, Cammed, 03 Cobra IRS, 675 RWHP- SOLD
    2013 Subaru WRX -FMS TMIC, Cobb AP, Full TBE -Catted DP, Whiteline Suspension Mods, 308/339-TOTALED.
    2012 Mustang GT -SCT X3 Bama Can Tune, JLT CAI, Barton Short Throw Shifter, Roush Axle Back -SOLD.

FEP Senior Member

I have lost a lot of my interest in building cars anymore. Life went in a different direction when everything shut down due to COVID. I sold my widebody a couple months ago. I am trying to get my '86 hatchback project done to sell it. I'm selling off my Porsche 944s that I've lost interest in (and haven't even started to work on). I'm going to reduce my fleet to one newer car that won't be modified much and just drive it.