Close

Default I have a problem, I bought another one

Found an 11k mile 86 ford LTD. Hasnt run or drove in a long time interior is in good shape no cracks but faded. I feel bad for molesting a low mileage car but its not like these are Barret jackson cars lol. Its actually the lowest mileage car I have ever owned.

Have the 5 lug stuff already for it, new K member for the v8 sitting in the garage. First need to clean up and get the old stuff out not sure if anything is of value on it.

The 86 Marquis wagon no has a friend lol I love these cars.

FEP Senior Member

Nice find. Is the LTD a wagon or sedan? What are you going to strip off of it?
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Its a sedan, would have loved another wagon but I like the variety and it was a really good price.

Well engine, trans, wiring harness, front and rear suspension will be getting removed and replaced.

Pics make it real ...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Need to find another hosting service

FEP Senior Member

Is it an AOD V6 car?
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Quote Originally Posted by KevinVarnes View Post
    Is it an AOD V6 car?
    It is. Even stock exhaust is pretty freaking mint!!! Engine bay looks its age though hoping to get it running and off the trailer this week.

Edit: mint is a strong word lol its good for its age
    Last edited by D3vst8r96gt; 06-29-2021 at 05:01 PM.

So here is what we are working with. I would start a build thread but I cant become a supporting member.

So thats the pic when we got home. The trip was not uneventful. The week prior I had snapped the rear wheel off the truck while driving after hitting a pot hole. I was 6hrs from home and towing a trailer. That event took years off my life I am sure but on this trip I blew a intercooler hose clamp. Lucky for me I broke down at an exit that lead to a napa with the exact part in stock. Cost me an hour of time and additional years off my life.

Next I got the hub caps off, I grew up in the era of stealing "rims" but thinking of an era of stealing hub caps is funny to me. Inspected the suspension and brakes. Making plans for future upgrades and noting the differences from my vehicles (mostly SN95/New edge cars). Looks good.

So anyways, I got the negative battery cable off.

Its around 36in in length there is a duralast part number DT438B that is a a perfect fit.
    New battery. Car turns over reliably and will run on starting fluid. This involved a battle against a decent wasp nest that had babies. I sprayed them down and collected their bodies suspending them in alcohol for my Biology Professor friend.

Found a bunch of documents in the car from the original owners, owners manual etc. pretty cool time piece.

Finally I drained the gas tank and put in a couple gallons of fresh fuel. I depressed the shrader valve and the system was pressurized before. After adding fuel it no longer pressurized. May have been a fluke. Regardless I didn't put enough in to make dropping the tank too complicated. I pulled the external inline high pressure pump and the filter from the rear passenger side, keyed on and no fuel from the tank. Next step was pulling the front driver seat. After cleaning up 30 years of mess I put the multimeter on, found a constant 12v, all other lines had 0 power regardless of key position.

I am unsure of the mileage now though. The car may have been flipped, Carfax says no, I have a bill listing 89k miles I think. either way no big deal to me.

Next plans, single high flow/high pressure pump. Relays under the seats are not seeming to be working. May need to pull the injectors and clean them. Ultimate goal is just to get the car to run and drive around my property.

If anyone knows anything about the supporting member issue let me know, is it post count locked?
    Last edited by D3vst8r96gt; 07-26-2021 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Spelling