Close

Thread: Headrests

Default Headrests

I have a 83 rs with web halo headrests.....my parts guy said they are worth big dollars.....is he correct?

Depends on condition really but the one post netted halos were one year only I believe. I seen a pair on ebay that was going for $400 but they were in pretty good condition. You looking to sell them?

Yup.

Fwiw, I sold my halo headrests, and I now have more money than everyone else in the world combined!
    <superiority dance>

Considering that you don't have any clue/idea about Google, or ebay, or you're too massively lazy to look, please consult others in any areas that have to do with money/etc.
    Imho, do not trust anything that anyone says.
    Sorry, that's life in the real world.
    Last edited by stangPlus2Birds; 06-18-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Fwiw,
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...drest&_sacat=0

Imho, any headrests that are in very good shape, very likely came from a car whose interior is/was in very good shape.
    Imho, even at "$400", that's little compared to the value of a 4-eye in excellent shape.
    Yea, someone may have decided to change to newer different seats. But, that's different than butchering an otherwise pristine interior to get some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by t top 86 View Post
    depends on condition really but the one post netted halos were one year only i believe. I seen a pair on ebay that was going for $400 but they were in pretty good condition. You looking to sell them?
    yes i'm looking to sell.......both in nice condition......i have one seat that is pretty nice (pass). Driver side is solid but fabic torn and missing in places. I find it impossible to remove the head rests from the seats. I haven't seen any with the netting for sale.....a guy told mr 4-500 each.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKE View Post
    yes i'm looking to sell.......both in nice condition......i have one seat that is pretty nice (pass). Driver side is solid but fabic torn and missing in places. I find it impossible to remove the head rests from the seats. I haven't seen any with the netting for sale.....a guy told mr 4-500 each.
    400-500 each headrest?

that's what he said because of the webbing.....but that's why I asked on here because I couldn't find webbed halos for sale any place.

FEP Senior Member

I sold a nice set of black ones a while back, more than a year for $325 pair. Single one in good shape to a member here for $150. Your consultant is a bit off. Are they filled with gold, or cocaine?
    Last edited by MIKE'SVO86; 06-23-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!
    State of Illinois - Taxation without Representation!

Default really

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    I sold a nice set of black ones a while back, more than a year for $325 pair. Single one in good shape to a member here for $150. Your consultant is a bit off. Are they filled with gold, or cocaine?
    they saw u coming....u got screwed.

FEP Senior Member

Nope, just the going rate. Do your research and see what they are selling for and you'll see, NOT $800-$1000 a pair. And once they are reproduced, the original's value will drop.
    Bleed Ford Blue! '84 Grabber Orange SVO, '88 Saleen 1 of 4 w/Automatic, '89 Steeda, '71 DeTomaso Pantera GT5 Wide Body EFI 4.6 DOHC...soon to be a Gen3 Coyote and some Old Ford Muscle w/ BB power. 1.21 Jigawatts!!?? PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT!

the going rate is 4-500 a pair......there are no plans for anyone to reproduce them....

-gonna have to go with MIKE'SVO86. Man has bought, sold and knows the market pretty well. You can 'ask' anything you want for them,
    whether or not you sell them for that is a different story.......
    '87 Turbo Coupe - 660 mile original
    '86 Turbo Coupe - 74k mile stripper

the going rate is 4-500 a pair......there are no plans for anyone to reproduce them....
    They aren't webbed, but:
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-61108BLK/84...-Headrest-Pair
    I'm sure that if the price and demand go up enough, they'll make them with some webbing too.

Before this gets ugly, everyone please be polite and respectful.

As with anything you can ask anything you want for it. The market will determine if it is willing to pay your asking price. I personally have not seen the netted halos go for more than $400 a pair in good shape. Obviously as a one year only item, the value for the netted halos will only go up as time goes on.

I doubt these are high on any list for reproduction being a one year only item. With that said, they would probably sell well at least at first for all the Fox Owners that want the one year only option.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I have 2 sets that were purchased within the past 5 years. No tears in the webbing or damage. I didn't pay more than $100 for EITHER set. In fact, one set I actually bought the entire two SPORT SEATS they were attached to and still didn't pay $100. It was no "secret barn find" or anything. They were outside in the vendor area of the UFO swap meet in Columbus right outside where God and everyone could see them. He was asking $125, I offered $100 and walked away with them. Based on MY LIFE experience, I would not pay anywhere near $400 for a set.
    That's my opinion and nobody can say I am wrong because that's my opinion.
    Last edited by homer302; 06-26-2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

Granted, netted halos were a 1 year olny....

Insanity has set in for people both charging AND paying inflated "Ebay rated" values. Ebay is "AN AUCTION SITE", NOT real world value..
    Mike is VERY spot on with values. I got his single and was happy with the fact that he is honest and doesn't price gouge......
    On another note, i bought a very good set for around $250, if I remember correctly.

Over inflated prices are for the greedy....unless it is a 1 of 1 item...
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

FEP Senior Member

So full circle here and you answered your own question.

Default $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE'SVO86 View Post
    So full circle here and you answered your own question.
    ALL SAID AND DONE I GOT $450 FOR THE PAIR........and I just saw a mint set for 600

Does anybody know if they made sand beige netted halos?
    Last edited by T top 86; 07-15-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Sand Beige was not a color option in 1983 in the Mustang or Capri, so no they did not offer the netted halos in that color.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller