Close

Default 79 Capri for Sale

Good afternoon I have a 79 Capri for sale it is in decent condition looks to have all parts there, unfortunately it did not come with a title. I do have the previous owner's registrations but they lost the title. If you need any more pictures I can get them for you but may take me a few days as I have the car at my Sisters house.

Price: $2,000 obo
    Frame rails don't show any visible rust
    Haven't Checked the floor but will take pictures for anyone
    Runs and drives, probably needs a clutch and tune up.
    4 Cylinder 4 speed
    NO TITLE

Attached Images Attached Images  

How hard is it to get a duplicate title in CA? Hard to believe someone would just let a solid car go to waste because of a trip to the dmv and a few bucks. Here in WV, it just takes a quick title search, ID, and (iirc) a $25 fee. Not sure what it takes in CA.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    How hard is it to get a duplicate title in CA? Hard to believe someone would just let a solid car go to waste because of a trip to the dmv and a few bucks. Here in WV, it just takes a quick title search, ID, and (iirc) a $25 fee. Not sure what it takes in CA.
    Pretty Similar process here in California, previous owner never picked it up from the tow yard. If I can't sell it in the next few weeks I'll go that route just trying to give someone a chance at a solid deal IMO.

Having a good title I think would help it out a lot.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by 79Coupe View Post
    Having a good title I think would help it out a lot.
    I agree I will probably be getting a title and keeping it.