Close

Default Engine Bay Cleanup

Hello All,
    I recently pulled the engine in my 1985 GT. I'd like to declutter the engine bay. I'm removing all the smog stuff, but would like some suggestions on what else I can do to beaten up the space.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Hello All,
    I recently pulled the engine in my 1985 GT. I'd like to declutter the engine bay. I'm removing all the smog stuff, but would like some suggestions on what else I can do to beaten up the space.

Thanks in advance.
    dont do what I did. Dont rattle can it. You'll be sorry later when it turns to crap. Take the car to a body shop and pay to have your engine bay professionally repainted. I tried to have mine redone with engine still in last year. Not nearly as good as it would have been if done right the first time.

Funny how that is true for so many things.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I used a quality spray can primer/paint to do my engine bay and it has held up just fine. In order to get a good result repainting, you need to do a lot of prep work first. No matter what type of paint application you choose, having a poorly prepped surface will not yield a lasting result. The hard part of an engine bay is that there is a lot of stuff in the way and a lot of little nooks and crevices to get clean and scuffed. I had the advantage of a completely stripped car to make the bay more accessible to work in.