Close

Thread: Zephyr Trunk

Default Zephyr Trunk

Hello

my car came with the trunk completely empty. No carpet, nothing.
    Does anyone have a pic of the stock trunk?
    Can I use a Mustang coupe trunk mat/carpet in my Zephyr? Or can I trim down a hatch mat/carpet?
    Thanks in advance for any info and have a nice day

Edit: my car is a ‘79 box top
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I bought a different liner for mine. You are welcome to my original trunk mat if you want it. It's dirty and stuff.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Hello

my car came with the trunk completely empty. No carpet, nothing.
    Does anyone have a pic of the stock trunk?
    Can I use a Mustang coupe trunk mat/carpet in my Zephyr? Or can I trim down a hatch mat/carpet?
    Thanks in advance for any info and have a nice day

Edit: my car is a ‘79 box top
    Have you checked with Stock Interiors.Com? They may have something that would work?

Mine was empty too. I snagged the spare tire cover from another Fox non-Mustang in the 90s, but it would be easy enough to make out of a piece of masonite. You're welcome to use mine as a template.
    The carpet was just a piece of gray automotive stuff from an auto parts store; I made a template out of a couple chunks of cardboard.
    I'm not super happy with mine (it's a little short) and I'm toying with the idea of trying again with a few pieces of 1/4" plywood, glued to the carpet like a "hinge" so it lifts up at the spare tire without all the shuffling around of the stock carpet and fiberboard.
    I've got a lot of things to do before the trunk is empty enough to worry about; I still haven't finished the headliner (but the yard is looking nicer).

Thanks for the helpful responses!
    I feel like I can figure something out, I just don’t remember what a stock trunk looks like lmao.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.