Close

Default The Two 1979 Ghia Coupes

Good morning/afternoon everyone long time lurker first time poster here.

Back in April of 2020 I purchased the following 79 Ghia Coupe, it was missing tons of parts and need lots of work as well. I'm fortunate to still have my father with me, once I got the car he fell in love with it and wanted it for himself. We are Currently still restoring it, we plan to get it driving and than painting it ourselves.

Once my dad said he wanted the car I had to look for my own car here is what I found a one owner 79 Ghia coupe with 110,000 miles from the condition of the car it seems that is the correct mileage. It has a bit of rust but it will be take care of at a later date.

As promised here are some pictures.

Here is the one we are restoring.

free image hosting sites

upload pictures online

private image upload

upload pictures online
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here are photos of the other 79

FEP Supporter

Welcome aboard. Nice projects! Hope to see more of them.
    '85 GT

Welcome to FEP... Man, looking real good so far on the re-store. Looks like y'all getting down to the nitty gritty... Keep it up and hopefully you put new pics when completed. The one you got, WOW.... Very clean, looks real good.

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site! You don't find many of these around in original condition much and also the work going in to the other is fantastic! Keep up the good work and continue to post pictures to share for the rest of us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Thanks everyone I will post pictures as we make more progress.

FEP Senior Member

There something wrong with those coupes, no rust! Great cars and please keep us posted with the progress of your build.

Great looking Ghia coupes. I have an 80 Ghia coupe with blue interior if you run across something you need. If it's not to large I might even donate it for your project. I like the custom lower radiator support and I think I see an aluminum front bumper on it. Keep up the awesome work.
    86 GT (Owned since 87)On going project
    86 #64 Saleen
    86 Coupe
    1980 Coupe(2)
    2003 Cobra
    2015 F-250

Quote Originally Posted by scgreysvt View Post
    Great looking Ghia coupes. I have an 80 Ghia coupe with blue interior if you run across something you need. If it's not to large I might even donate it for your project. I like the custom lower radiator support and I think I see an aluminum front bumper on it. Keep up the awesome work.
    Thank you very much for the offer I will definitely let you know if I come across something I am sure I will need something, never-ending search for parts lol.