Close

Thread: SVO noob

Default SVO noob

Hello all,. I recently bought a 1986 Mustang SVO. Overall it's in pretty good shape and has some decent motor modifications done to it. For the time being I just want to get it running and have frome fun with it. Hopefully start doing some suspension mods & a stand alone ECM in the near future.

Welcome to FEP! Congrats on the new to you 1986 SVO. Definitely a cool car and a fun driver. Post up some pictures when you can as we are a visually excited group here on FEP.

I would personally recommend you do your research and reading up on the SVO before you tackle any modifications, improvements, etc. NOT suggesting you don't make any modifications or improvements, just that the SVO is a unique 4 model year vehicle that has some very unique and specific parts and pieces. Unfortunately many of the aftermarket parts manufacturers and retailers don't fully recognize nor understand the differences between the SVO and its Four Eyed siblings. Good Luck and Post some Pics!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller