Close

Default Springs question

I have searched and haven't found the answer yet I am looking for on this question

I have a 1984 5.0 LX 'vert and the front end sits a good .5" to 1" higher than the rear...My goal is to have the opposite rake to the front

I have been looking online at spring choices and the very few that say for 'verts only are out of stock, but also don't show much of a drop. I am also looking at the BBK progressives for hardtops.

Will the hardtop springs negatively affect anything in the rest of the car? Also, to get that rake to the front will I have to modify the front springs likely?

FEP Member

Not sure on the convertible versus hardtop, but I had the same issue on my 85 GT, ended up finding the Eibach Pro front springs, it dropped it 1", but didn't like the rack, so I put in the 1/4" spacers to raise it up a little. Now it's got a slight rack, and no nose up attitude. I had to buy them used, it's tough to buy just the fronts or back for the Mustangs.

The first question you should ask is "Why is the front sit higher than the rear?"

It didn't leave Ford this way. 95% odds that this condition has nothing to do with the springs themselves, so the solution won't be in them either.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support