Close

Default Any value to the original 7.5" / slapper bar rear ends?

I just upgraded to an 8.8" rear, but was curious if anyone thinks there is much of a market for our original rear ends? I hate to take it to a scrap yard, but it seems a lot of people upgrade like I did.

Also curious about the original TRX wheels...the tires are so expensive and now you can get reproductions, but do any purists keep the originals? Also hate to scrap those, but I have to clear some space.

Would love to see these parts in owners hands, but not sure there's a market. Appreciate any perspectives.

For Original type of people they both have value. Trying to find someone near you that needs/wants them can sometimes prove difficult. Neither are worth shipping due to size and weight.

The actual slapper bars can be valuable to those restoring/rebuilding original rear ends if they are in good shape since so many the rubber parts are dry rotted and useless. Hope that helps.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    For Original type of people they both have value. Trying to find someone near you that needs/wants them can sometimes prove difficult. Neither are worth shipping due to size and weight.

The actual slapper bars can be valuable to those restoring/rebuilding original rear ends if they are in good shape since so many the rubber parts are dry rotted and useless. Hope that helps.
    Yep, cheers! I'm trying to balance getting any old parts into collector's hands with not filling up my little garage!