Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by darkd0r View Post
    Anyone else watch cold war motors on YouTube? Focus is mostly 40's 50's, & 60's cars in less than pristine condition, the cars of my youth. Language can be.....salty.
    I’ve kept up with them for the last few years. Interesting cars kept running with minimal $. Main dude looks and sounds like Seth Rogen
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    This was my car my Jr and SR year in High School.. Not a super bird but it did have the 440 sixpack under that FACTORY fiberglass lift off hood... OOPs, new person here and I can't seem to attach a pic
    Noticed you have a 4 speed GLX convertible. According to Marti, only ~1600 were built! Yeah, maybe not as rare as 993, but a nice conversation piece at Cars & Coffee. You should you shouldn't have any problem posting pics
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 09-16-2021 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Noticed you have a 4 speed GLX convertible. According to Marti, only ~1600 were built! Yeah, maybe not as rare as 993, but a nice conversation piece at Cars & Coffee. You should you shouldn't have any problem posting pics
    You don't know my computer skills...LOL
    I can bring up the picture I want to add, but when I press open it disappears.. On other sites when I hit open, it goes directly to the post? Am I making sense? TY

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Noticed you have a 4 speed GLX convertible. According to Marti, only ~1600 were built! Yeah, maybe not as rare as 993, but a nice conversation piece at Cars & Coffee.
    I have a 67 Dodge Coronet RT convertible I have owned for 31 years after doing a rotisserie resto on it... Chrysler historical says 196 were built.. 1600 is a pretty high number to me...LOL... I will work on some pics tonite
    Last edited by Bentley; 09-16-2021 at 08:28 PM.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    I have a 67 Dodge Coronet RT convertible I have owned for 31 years after doing a rotisserie resto on it... Chrysler historical says 196 were built.. 1600 is a pretty high number to me...LOL... I will work on some pics tonite
    Just saw a Marti Report for a 1983 GLX convertible which confirmed it. All 5.0s in '83 got a manual transmission, and yours would be only 1 of roughly 1600 as it has the lesser-seen SROD 4 speed, which was eventually a credit option. Question, does your GLX have a 6000 RPM tach or 7000? Ford switched to 7000 when the 5 speed became available.

Appreciate your interest in this car... I just checked and it is a 7000 tach... My sister bought this car in 85 ( it was a like new car) and it came with the SROD.. Its a bit of a time capsule, she claims it " blew up" in 99 or so and its been parked in a nice garage until a few years ago when it was given to my son.. Car has ZERO rust and is in great shape
    The car has a 05/84 build date
    I have the engine out, pan off, valve covers off, intake off.... I have not found a thing wrong with it yet.. I had a clutch built for it and the clutch disc was bad. The center part of he disc had come apart.. I "think" this might have been the problem?

Graveyard Who? The guy sounds like a irritating 2rd grader. Just about every car company makes a car I might consider owning. There isn't anything wrong with having a brand preference but bashing things that other people enjoy or prefer is just shallow and immature. This is most likely the reason I don't watch that show or recognize the name. I might have caught an episode in the past and the guy was a douche bag and I never watched the show again. If it is a good car show I will set it up to record right away. I find a lot of those "car shows" have some abrasive character on the show that is unpalatable, which for me is a deal breaker. The shame is I hear that it is a common "bad guy" element that is actually added to all of the car shows to create a little drama. For me it makes the shows unwatchable. I get enough drama in my real life, I don't want it added to my TV shows! LOL

JMO
    Robert
    Last edited by Hemlock; 09-20-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    1984 RS 347 Capri, To many car parts to list, check out my car build page here for the story on my car and a full parts list/setup!:

My RS in Action

The Omni GLH and GLHS whopped out beloved 5.0's in stoplight to stoplight back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeejoejava View Post
    The Omni GLH and GLHS whopped out beloved 5.0's in stoplight to stoplight back then.
    no they didn’t………

FEP Super Member

I can't stand the arrogant price!
    It's too bad because the shop does nice work, just can't stand him....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12