Close

Default My custom 4 lug Brembo brake upgrade.

Hi guys, I posted this in the wrong section the first time. This is my custom brake project I have been working on slowly in the past year. I finally installed it last week. I used a set of Baer brake spindles that have the machined hub to fit corvette rotors. I re located the caliper mounting holes then took it to a local machine shop. I got them to install a re enforcement plate on the spindle and mill off 13/64’’. I bought a set of Cadillac ATS Brembo calipers and ATS rotors. I re-drilled the rotors to the stock 4 lug bolt pattern. The hub is machined from Baer to have the rotor hub centric. The brakes work great with my rear turbo coupe discs. The rotors are 12.64” which fit nicely on my Pony R wheels.Name:  789A2225-FDF3-4E6E-BF25-C7E98B562492.jpeg
Views: 220
Size:  311.0 KBName:  6FE89971-D705-4562-9BB4-CE14DA740C3F.jpeg
Views: 199
Size:  289.0 KBName:  7353AE99-C480-4685-93FE-82A226D4E457.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  516.9 KB

Good work! How well does it stop now?

It stops pretty good, but I still need to install a 94 cobra master cylinder that I have. The SVO master that is in the car is too stiff of a pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by 86MustangGtRob View Post
    It stops pretty good, but I still need to install a 94 cobra master cylinder that I have. The SVO master that is in the car is too stiff of a pedal.
    Hey Rob, have you installed the 94-95 Cobra MC yet? What rear brakes are you running? I am going to swap from my Bullitt?Cobra fronts to some ATS Brembos and already have the 94/95 Covra MC and MM manual brake conversion installed in my 85 GT...
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

I ended buying the 1994 cobra master cylinder from maximum motorsports. It came with the pre bent brake lines. For my rear brakes, I am using the turbo coupe rear disc set up. I have tried out the car at a local road racing course near by and I was able to stop really well from 120 miles an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by 86MustangGtRob View Post
    I ended buying the 1994 cobra master cylinder from maximum motorsports. It came with the pre bent brake lines. For my rear brakes, I am using the turbo coupe rear disc set up. I have tried out the car at a local road racing course near by and I was able to stop really well from 120 miles an hour.
    Are you running a booster or a manual conversion? Are the fronts pretty easy to lock up?

Justin
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 CFI/AOD (originally)
    Now: 306, AFR 185s, Edelbrock Victor Jr. 302 Intake, Pro-Systems 4150HP, FTI/Ed Curtis custom cam, 170amp large case 3G Alternator, PA AOD with Silverfox SPT-MAC valve body, 3500rpm Stall, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, MM C/C plates, Tokico HP's, MM full length SFC's, SN95 Cobra brakes front and rear, 31 spline Fox length 8.8" with 4.10's, MM rear lowers and FRPP uppers, a few other MM suspension goodies, Jet Hot ceramic coated FRPP shorties, Pypes X-pipe, SpinTech Pro Streets and some other go fast parts.

1984 Mustang LX 5.0 4bbl/T5 (Sold)

LS swaps are the hair implants of the car world. Sure the owner is proud, but everyone else is laughing.

I am running the stock 85 booster. The fronts are hard to lock up. I have 255 tires up front and a maximum motorsports tq arm set up which improve the brake dive greatly.