Close

SOUTHPAW12

Default Braided brake lines for a 1984 Mustang 5.0L

I have been searching for about 3 months and have not been albe to find braided brake lines for my mustang. if anyone could help me in amy way that would be great!

Thanks
    SOUTHPAW12

I dont know of anyone selling a brake kit for the pre 86 cars either. Have you ever thought of calling and asking anyone of the vendors?

SOUTHPAW12

are the 87-93 the same as the ones on the 1984 mustang
    thanks
    SOUTHPAW12

cool86

I know that 86 brake lines are different than 87-93 because i did a 87-93 brake upgrade with SVO 73mm calipers.i assume the 83-84 are the same as 86 because they upgraded rotor/caliper in 87. I had to get new lines to fit calipers so i decided to get braided lines- Maximum motorsport had them for 87-93. Unsure if they make them for earlier years.

I would like to put braided lines on my car also, but I'll probably end up upgrading the brakes to newer specs, and put the braided lines on then.
    1985 Mustang 5.0 coupe - dad's
    1983 Mustang GT sold deeply missed
    1981 Mercury Capri sold, not so missed (too far gone)
    1991 LX 5.0 vert sold
    2000 GT 75 mm TB, PP upper plenum, CAI, x pipe w/flows, SCT xcal 2 with a BAMAchips custom tune

SOUTHPAW12

right now i am trying to keep the cost down to a minimum so that i can afford the insurance on it. so i might go to the regular lines if can find those. thanks for all the help keep me posted

thanks
    southpaw12

FEP Power Member

If you really want to keep cost down you can get the line and bend your own. Its not that hard and pretty cheap. Need the bending tool and the flaring tool though. Not sure how much the tools cost. I guess if you add in the price of the tools maybe its not the cheapest way to go. Might learn a thing or two going that route though.
    1979 Mustang pace car
    1986 LX coupe

Summit Racing part number RUS-693000 (Russel Brake Line Kit, Street Legal, Ford Mustang 1979-1986, All, $71.88). Two front lines and one rear line.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW12
    right now i am trying to keep the cost down to a minimum
    Then you should be buying stock replacement, rubber lines and not braided stainless lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RACECAP97
    If you really want to keep cost down you can get the line and bend your own. Its not that hard and pretty cheap. Need the bending tool and the flaring tool though. Not sure how much the tools cost. I guess if you add in the price of the tools maybe its not the cheapest way to go. Might learn a thing or two going that route though. :D
    You cannot use a hard line in place of the flexible (rubber or braided steel) line.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

FEP Power Member

Maybe I was missunderstanding what line we were reffering too.
    1979 Mustang pace car
    1986 LX coupe

We're talking about the flexible lines that bolt to the (front) calipers and the (rear) axle assembly.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

SOUTHPAW12

i would like to put the rubber ones on besides the braided ones if i have to ,i would like to do that since there is the flex to them than the steal lines. because i would not like to do the searchand find that i am doing right now.
    thanks for all and keep me posted
    southpaw12

I don't understand half of what you typed.....
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

SOUTHPAW12

i was talking about the types of the brakelines that i would like to put on my car.
    SOUTHPAW12

Perhap if what you did types were not fragments or incompletedand centenses broken english Imay be understood.

I put up a number for braided lines kits for you're aplication. What eles dew you need?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

SOUTHPAW12

ok, im sorry, i guess that my instant messanger typing came in so it wont happen again.
    sorry
    southpaw12