Close

Thread: 85 rear brakes

Default 85 rear brakes

I am rebuilding my 85 gt braking system with new stock replacement everything...however I have replaced the entire 7.5 rear axle assembly with a 86 rebuilt 8.8.....when it comes to installing the new lines to the rear axle it seems that the way the hose fitting drops down to the rear axle is slightly different between the 7.5 fittings and the 8.8 lines...I know the exhaust systems are different between the 85 and the 86 which is a true dual exhaust system but I'm not sure how to attach these new lines to the back brakes....any help would be appreciated..Thanks

The 1985 V8 rear brake line is unique to 1985 ONLY. The 86 V8 rear brake line was used from 86-93 on the Fox and the 94/95 models. The fitting on the body is different between the 85 and the 86 models. So in order to use the 86 brake hose/line you will need to use this fitting on the body and modify the hardline fitting as needed. https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2073BRKT/mu...-bracket-86-93

Hope that helps!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thank you for your help.....I had already purchased the 86 lmr fitting you described, so I think I'm good to go and will get some local help to modify the hardline fitting as needed.....Thanks again