Sorry if it sounds like I am on a High Horse.

Ex IANZ Lab tester here. Who first imported a CA engine in 1996 just because of the CARB/BAR/EPA certification issues, a 100 % stock engine that someone couldnt get to pass the smog test, but which was 100 % original. BAR action on the mid 90s Emission testing seamed to be an attempt to scrap these pre OBDII cars. At a South Island transitional port, I'm the guy who cleaned in New Zealand 30 of your pre OBD II CA market cars on 90 day notices to comply with the IM test. Many were just Sold overseas from CA from 2012 to 2015. ZR1 quad cams, a Bos's 302, and most everything muscle in between. My first CA Emission engine, 1982 Crossfire L48, then 1974 2.8 Cologne Mustang II V6, then 3.3 1981 Mustang.

I know what BAR and CARB and the EPA have done to these cars, which is why it's my mission to show the process.

Obviously, I don't know everything, but Others in the US are renewing the love for street legal Malaise Muscle. And not taking no for an answer. TUV in Germany and the shaken in Japan had the same approach for many years on vehicle modification, and David Vizard championed getting 1275 Minis getting through the most draconian processes.

I care enough to have sunken every spare sheckel of money and time to engage in the Clean Air Debate for old Malaise cars.

The out of state guys like David Vizard have worked the certification area, and Richard Holdener won't just lay over an die while old muscle owners are pinged left right and center by a system that previously had checks and balances in place.

See https://youtu.be/nI45vpuF-SM