Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The seat may be hideous, but it is representative of the era. Maybe re-cover it with a different product - keep the look but add style and comfort?
    Not sure what you'll find for aftermarket unless you want to take it back to the flat stock type.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Awesome bike, NAVYCAT!

Rich, that's exactly what I plan to do. I'm taking it back to the stock flat seat. I was considering putting a "brat" style seat on it, too. That would be similar to the stock seat but not as tall. I just don't want to modify the seat hoop/frame, so I figure stock is the best route. If I pull the old seat off and it looks like someone already modified the frame, then I'll probably just go with the brat style. It would be cheaper and they do look really nice on these bikes.
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 12-27-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

For you guys who don't know what the cb550 originally looked like, here's a random pic I found online:
    Name:  cb550k1_green_mg.png
Views: 20
Size:  162.3 KB

They only came in 2 colors in '75... the "Candy Jade Green" in the pic above and "Flake Sunrise Orange" like this other random pic I yanked:
    Name:  cb550k1_orange_mg.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  18.3 KB

I love both colors, but they're difficult to reproduce. Honda didn't give out info on paint. Both were a candy with silver base, flake mid coat (I think), and then an unknown number of candy coats in who knows what exact color. I found that there is a newer Jeep in "Rescue Green" that closely matches the candy jade, but in a base/clear. I'll probably go that route. Messing up a couple times with multi-stage candies can get expensive real quick lol!
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12