Close

Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-15-2023 at 06:39 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Nice work!
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Very nice Mick.
    Current: 81 Cobra T Top, 79 Cobra.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Added links to a pic of each.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Nice work Mick! When my work slows down we should discuss doing something similar on the Dominators.
    Steve
    "Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"
    # Link to Facebook Dominator Mustang Fans # # Link to Facebook Predator Mustang Fans #
    # Link to Facebook Twister Mustang Fans #
    Current Stangs: Stangless
    Previously owned:
    84 Black GT, 85 Black T-Top Dominator GT # Link to Restoration Thread # 85 Dominator GT RIP 1995, 85 Predator GT, 83 Dominator GT, 82 Mustang GT

That would be great!

As you can see the pages I have put up (I have also done one for Turbo GT/Turbo RS and Black Magic/Crimson Cat) are not very pretty but they get the job done, for now. I have SQL installed on the server, and am using php, so I hoping to eventually make the entire database searchable. And also being able to add entries on the fly.

Great work, this would be great to see for the Dominators as well! That's no small feat to take on Mick, thanks for doing it!
    Chris Lott
    '81 Cobra T-Top - Black
    '85 Dominator GT - Black, 24k miles
    '85 Predator GT302R #150R - Light Regatta Blue
    '85 Predator GT302 Convertible #119 - White w/blue stripes For Sale
    '86 Texas DPS Mustang (Unit # unknown) - undergoing resto

Vewy nice. Great info to have. I still believe these cars will be worth more than saleeens in the long run, when soloman gets his history out for folks to see. These cars are basically 80s versions of mid - late 60s shelbys. Fender plates even appear similar and identify like shelbys. I have not met a single Shelby owner that knew what as predator was. But when informed they are amazed at the existence of these cars and lack of awarement.

From the day i was made aware of these, I have been intrigued with them. I liken them to having a Hemi Cuda on the driveway vs. A Cuda 340 being equivalent to GT models.
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

If anyone has more Predators to add to the Registry, or info for existing entries to correct of fill in, please do so. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I should add that Saleen would he like having a T/A or AAR
    HARVESTER OF EYES

DAMN IT! LET THE RABBITS WEAR GLASSES, SAID THE CRIES OF THE CARROT.
    YOU SHOULD NEVER SMOKE IN PAJAMAS, YOU COULD CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN YOUR FACE.

You can add the location of 4S-0130 and 4S-0149 as Spring, TX and 4S-0149 as a roller with Cobra package as well if you'd like.
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

I do have some personally identifiable information in the source database but due to privacy concerns I am trying to keep it out of public view.

I am not all that familiar with Predator options so I have not yet filled that in in the "Notes" column, but I will if we know the cars were originally ordered with certain options. Was a Cobra package a Predator option? Can we get a verified options list or options packages for each year?
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Need some a large pics Predator and GT302 plaques and logos. Must be of your own car. What you post will be used as a background image. It will be cropped to fit. Thanks!
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    I am not all that familiar with Predator options so I have not yet filled that in in the "Notes" column, but I will if we know the cars were originally ordered with certain options. Was a Cobra package a Predator option? Can we get a verified options list or options packages for each year?
    IIRC the Predators in 1984 were pretty much the same as far as variations were concened with the Predator beng the base model and the Predator Cobra getting a few additional tweaks which included Cobra badging on the fenders, Cobra air cleaner and valve covers on the engine and possibly other things but I'm not sure. In 1985 and 1986 I believe anything Solomon American could get out of the Ford Parts catalog could go into a Predator, hence the one 429 Predator as well as Predators with SVO wings or interiors. I don't believe there were anything out of the ordinary on either 4S-0130 or 4S-0149 besides 149 having the Cobra package. I know the early 1984 models had an air dam added but it was discontinued once the 84 1/2 came around. That's about all I know on mine.
    1984 Predator 4S-130
    1984 Predator Cobra 4S-149

Had (in order): 83GL 3.8L notch, 86 3.8L hatch, 83 3.8L vert, 90GT hatch, 86GT hatch, 83GLX 3.8L Vert

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    Need some a large pics Predator and GT302 plaques and logos. Must be of your own car. What you post will be used as a background image. It will be cropped to fit. Thanks!
    I can get you some pics of the badges on my next day off.
    Past Toys: 1964 Falcon Vert, 1966 Mustang(owned twice), 70 Conv, 1978 Mustang II(first car), 80 Cobra, 81 Cobra, 82 GT T-Top, 85 GT 3,900 miles, 85 Predator/Twister 5S-0149, 86 Saleen 177, 86 SVO, 86 Mustang GT, 86 Mustang GT Vert, 87 Mustang GT, 89 Mustang Notch, 2003 Mustang GT Roush Clone, 2006 Mustang V6(Stainless Works LT's, MBRP cat back, 3.73's, tb, cai), and my favorite 2002 Mustang GT MPH 302 stroker, KB 2.2, TKO 500 640rwhp/591torque.

Here are some pics for you Mick. Sorry it took so long, kind of forgot about it. Hope these work. Front grill, rear trunk, and dash. Let me know if you need something else.

Name:  New PredatorT2 024.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  49.0 KBName:  New PredatorT2 025.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  41.2 KBName:  New PredatorT2 026.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  75.0 KB

Made a couple of updates to the registry, including adding the first 1983 model.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

I purchased 1984 Predator 4S-0102 in 2019. It's location is now in Ramsey, MN.

The options it has includes (minimally):

Glass T-Tops
    Predator valve covers
    Functional hood scoop
    Hood pins
    Monte Carlo bars
    DH Buck air dam
    Predator 14" 8 spoke wheels with spinners
    Walnut shifter
    Four point roll bar
    Tom Solomon autographed glove box
    Last edited by ScottN; 04-07-2021 at 08:33 AM.