Close

Default T TOP Frame Question

Question: Are the T Top Roof sections the same for all foxes? My car is an 82. I think it needs T tops., maybe. I got the roof off of an 87 T-Top, cheap., no rust and clean. I have a set of T tops of an 81 Capri. They seem to fit and close fine on the 87 roof. I don't see any difference in the roof dimensions from an 82 to an 87. Does anyone know if the metal T top frames that insert into the roof are the same on the early foxes and the 87 and 88? Thanks.

My guess would be that they are the same, since the roof didn't change. The T top glass and trim is different due to the 87-93 quarter window change and top roof rail trim being different. Not that they won't fit the earlier cars, but the trim doesn't match up correctly.

Just keep in mind there are a lot of smaller parts and pieces needed for a proper T Top conversion. That include the door brackets, the A pillar and B pillar reinforcements, etc. If you got all of that off a donor car, then you should be fine. If you only have the actual T roof section, then you will want to source the rest of the parts and pieces before tackling the conversion. At least that's my .02. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller