Close

Default Honey, do you think Don will let me borrow your car this weekend?

I must have been living under a rock last year.
    First NHRA race of the year I find out Leah Pruitt and Tony Stewart quarantined together most of last year.
    Then I see they are engaged now.
    The next race I hear Leah needed to pullout her backup car because it was acting like the one that broke last year.
    The comment war made it had to be reset for her because Tony was testing in it.
    So it looks like Smoke could be making a lot of smoke. Is Top Fuel ready For him?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt_B06WIGI4
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Back when NASCAR was still worth watching Tony was my favorite driver after Kyle Petty got out of it.

The man is a competitor and winner in any racing he ever tried. It would be interesting to see what he could do in such a different form of racing.

Back when I was running the brackets every week we had a guy who was a former circle track racer join our class. Once he got his feet wet he did pretty well. To a certain extent racing is racing and there's a lot of carryover from one type to another.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Saving a couple gal of Home Depot green antifreeze, orange containers with Smoke and car on label.

Did not know either about Leah and Tony stories. Usually hear or see something.

Racing. Took off 60's Detroit area.
    Kalitta, Roush, Muldowney, Logghe, Penske, Keselowski, familiar names in town.
    Henry Ford's 999 "It was from the proceeds of this race that Ford created the Henry Ford Company."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_999
    Funny cars. Logghe bros lived in the neighborhood. Grew up with the kids. Learned what a rail, open headers, slicks were.
    https://www.hotrod.com/articles/logg...s-drag-racing/
    The corner Sunoco, where we bought lawnmower gas and 260, ran the Tom Tignanelli UFO drag car.
    https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ufo-...vedere-reborn/
    At the strip heads up racing, if you wait for a full tree green, you are 'sleeping at the tree' and will likely lose.

Fav NASCAR crash video is Mark Martin at Talladega 1994 spring race. Lap 103 or 104. The incar camera and sounds of impacts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waXjGcTXjuQ
    Austin Dillon 2015 crash was amazing, engine with trans ripped out and thrown onto infield grass smoking.

Wonder what kind of style driver Tony is off the track, regular car on regular roads
    Has raced successfully on about every kind of surface.
    Earnhardt knew air, Stewart knows traction.
    past owned daily driven many memorable times with all
    1967 Mustang 'verti Sports Sprint 289 Holley 4vC4 2.79 lime gold blk vinyl (6/70-4/73) 100k
    1970 VW 113 Beetle modded 1650 5200 2v 4sp Hurst 4.13 grn blk leathette (1973-1977) 200k
    1975 VW 1303 S Beetle LaGrande 1600 EFI 4sp Hurst 3.88 lime grn tan cloth (1977-1980) 90k
    1985 LTD LX 5.0 CFI HO AOD 3.27 gray gray (1987-1990) 75k
    1986 Ranger XL 2wd 7' bed 114 wb 2.3 EFI 5 sp 3.45 gray burgundy cloth (1990-1994) 180k
    current owned now weekly driven totally enjoyed
    1979 Mustang Cobra 61R 2.3T Holley 2305 2v '92 T5 Hurst 3.45 black orange decals (7/80- )
    1993 Ranger XLT R103 2wd 7' bed 114 wb 2.3 EFI 5sp Hurst 3.45 calypso green gray (3/94- )

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    Back when NASCAR was still worth watching Tony was my favorite driver after Kyle Petty got out of it.

The man is a competitor and winner in any racing he ever tried. It would be interesting to see what he could do in such a different form of racing.

Back when I was running the brackets every week we had a guy who was a former circle track racer join our class. Once he got his feet wet he did pretty well. To a certain extent racing is racing and there's a lot of carryover from one type to another.
    Very well said. I agree. He is a wheel man. I first became a fan watching him live at Charlotte Motor Speedway racing the Menards Indy car. It was amazing watching him race and clear from the stands he had serious talent. Unfortunately that was the race a wheel went into the stands and killed a person so that was the only Indy race there ever was at Charlotte and there was no winner. Tony was the last great wheel man that NASCAR had. Kyle Busch, who I dislike greatly is also a damn talented wheel man though.
    Last edited by homer302; 04-24-2021 at 03:11 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775