Close

Default Passenger Axle side vent tube?

I recently located my 7.5" rear end passenger side axle mounted brake line union to the center in preparation for dual exhaust install. When I removed the old union I noticed that the bolt attaching the brake T union to the axle was hollow. Is it necessary for me to replace the hollow bolt? Can I replace this bolt with a properly sized new bolt or is the hollow one needed for venting or adding grease? Its a mystery to me.

That hollow bolt I believe had a cap on top to act as a vent. I would want it on there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Yes, it's a vent. Some Ford applications had a small loosely crimped cap, some had a hose that was run into the frame. I guess if the Ford engineers thought it was necessary, I'd keep it.