Close

Default 83 capri for sale

Car looks super clean even has the netted halos. Ad says numbers matching 5.0 with a 5 speed trans? Didn't think the 5 speeds were available until 1985? https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ct...305307677.html

Man that's nice!!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T top 86 View Post
    Car looks super clean even has the netted halos. Ad says numbers matching 5.0 with a 5 speed trans? Didn't think the 5 speeds were available until 1985? https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ct...305307677.html
    The 5 speed actually debuted behind the 5.0 mid '83.

Learn something new everyday lol

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T top 86 View Post
    Learn something new everyday lol
    Glad to help

On an aside, somebody should contact the seller and find out how flexible he is on the price

Flexible? Why would he need to be flexible? Did you miss the flames on the shift knob? lol
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Glad to help

On an aside, somebody should contact the seller and find out how flexible he is on the price
    Totally accurate information there Bryan! The 5 speed was just phased in as was the D steering shaft in place of the splined and the instrument cluster completely changed font and design and went from green to orange. Back then Ford just used up what parts they already had. Hence all the complaining from people about mid year changes all the time. I had a 1984 5.0 GT that was made in January and then got a 1984.5 GT350 and the electric plug for the fuel sending unit was different. There was no way to interchange the fuel sending units. Both cars were 5.0 5-speeds and both were 1984 models.
    Last edited by homer302; 05-01-2021 at 08:38 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775