Close

Default Interior color combinations

Hey all,
    I'm starting my interior restoration now and am trying to decide what way to go with color combinations. I know its ultimately up to me but I'd like to read what your opinions would be. I want to go with a canyon red(original color)and black interior just not sure what to do red and what to do black. As of right now dash pad is painted SEM landau black and the new carpet I have is black. I will do the headliner in black to match carpet. Front Seats will eventually be black with red piping and rear will be just black. Would it look bad if I kept all the plastics and door panels canyon red? Maybe do the door handles black and lower carpet on the panels black? Just want to get some ideas before I start buying paint lol the stuff ain't cheap.
    Thanks
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Or would it look better to paint the plastics black to match carpet, headliner and seats then do canyon red accents?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

I'm a fan of two tone interiors, so I support the red and black scheme. I'm planning on doing a red and gray interior on my blue '85.

My plan was red armrest, carpet (gray floor mats though,) headliner, dash pad, shifter and e brake boots, red seatbelt sheaths (whatever they're called - where the belts bolt to the body,) and gray everything else. The seats that are in the car are already gray with red headrests and piping, so that steered my decision.

I hadn't even considered painting the plastics, but now I am.

I will go with grey front/back seats, carpet, headliner. Everything else red. Just easier to get the car back together.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I'm going to go black carpet, headliner, dash pad and front and back seats. All the plastics are canyon red/ napa red. Did the door handles/ rests black also.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt