Close

Default 82 Gauge Cluster issue

Recently i installed new plugs on my harness at the gauge cluster. Took some trial and error but got it done. I have pin locations correct but my temp no longer works and low fuel light is all ways on now.
    The fuel gauge is working and its my understanding that this indicator light is controlled with the gauge.
    Have no clue on temp gauge, no blown fuses or bad wires that i know of and it worked before so.
    I am considering just swapping out to auto meter gauges but would rather stay with stock.

If you have any advice i would appreciate it

Could it be a ground issue?
    I have seen schematics on this forum. If not done already you can see there how the gauges are wired to look for answers.
    Sorry, my 79 never gave any reason to look into this.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

My understanding is the info center uses the ohms resistance to determine when to illuminate the lights such as low fuel, resistance due to a blown bulb will illuminate the lights for bulb out, etc.

If the fuel gauge is reading correctly and working properly, then most likely the info center is seeing a resistance issue due to the new plug or connections. The same may be true for the temp gauge. You might try using a Power Probe or similar to give voltage directly to the temp gauge sending unit wire and see if the gauge responds. As noted by Hans it could also be a ground or intermittent ground issue. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller