Close

Thread: Reverse lights

Default Reverse lights

Hey guys, I swapped my 1983 mustangs srod for a t5 out of a 94 mustang a little while ago. The reverse lights don’t work, I have the 2 pin pig tail for the t5 but the srod harness is a 4 pin plug. Just looking for some knowledge and pointers from you foxbody gods before I dive in with my power probe. Work smart and not hard is what I was told to do. Thank you in advance.

On my car there is also a 4 pin harness. 1 connection goes to the reverse lights, 1 connection goes to the starter solenoid. I figured that out with my power probe.
    On my car it looks like red/light blue wire goes to and from neutral safety switch to starter solenoid, and reverse lights go from white/pink to the reverse light switch, to black/pink from the reverse light switch to the lights.
    Not sure if that helps or not?
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    On my car there is also a 4 pin harness. 1 connection goes to the reverse lights, 1 connection goes to the starter solenoid. I figured that out with my power probe.
    On my car it looks like red/light blue wire goes to and from neutral safety switch to starter solenoid, and reverse lights go from white/pink to the reverse light switch, to black/pink from the reverse light switch to the lights.
    Not sure if that helps or not?
    Helps a lot thank you !