Close

Default Makin' a little noise with 85-077

Since it's been quiet, I'll make some noise. I purchased this car last year from the original owner. 8,600 miles but was driven like it was stolen. Many miles were done on the drag strip. I have known the owner since the late 80's, it's the Saleen that got me hooked, my 5th one, probably not the last. Car has lots of period correct mods, chrome Motorsport long tubes, aluminum underdrive pulleys, world product heads, and a Kaufmann roller cam. Plus a lot other stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Absolutely beautiful! Love the blue interior! Gotta be rare in that format.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Very nice! That blue interior is sweet.
    Saleen 86-0177

Wow
    what a great car! Congratulations
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Love the white and blue ones. Reminds me of the 80s ford motorsport stuff.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

FEP Senior Member

Sweet vinyl interior!
    85 Saleen Mustang(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Love the white and blue ones. Reminds me of the 80s ford motorsport stuff.
    Me too! Main reason I had to have this banner to hang next to 86-0177 Name:  8791CD86-8F4E-4EDE-8929-83C5E5A44036.jpeg
Views: 256
Size:  348.6 KB
    Last edited by ford fanatic; 04-15-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    Saleen 86-0177

saleentom - Beautiful car! I'm not that far from you in Greensburg, PA. I own a 1986 ASC/McLaren Capri Coupe. It is #077.

ford fanatic - Your car is beautiful as well. Love the garage.

I'm seeing a trend with the number 77.

saleentom: I would like to add more info and a pic to the database and registry. See the link in signature. Please send me the door tag, buck tag, owner card, build sheet, etc. Thanks.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Beautiful Saleen......
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    ford fanatic - Your car is beautiful as well. Love the garage.
    Thank you sir, loving your Capri! Are you by any chance making it to Chocolate Fox in Hershey?
    Saleen 86-0177

Quote Originally Posted by ford fanatic View Post
    Thank you sir, loving your Capri! Are you by any chance making it to Chocolate Fox in Hershey?
    Thanks for the compliments on my car. Unfortunately the show was sold out before I could register so I doubt I will be making it. Are you planning on attending?

Very Nice Saleen, looks great! One of my Bucket list cars!
    1986 ACS McLaren Capri
    1971 Mustang
    1968 F100

Sure would love to see you East Coast guys at the SCOA Nationals in July.

www.saleenclubofamerica.com/events

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Reese View Post
    Sure would love to see you East Coast guys at the SCOA Nationals in July.

www.saleenclubofamerica.com/events

500 miles and 8 hours, a little far for me. But not out of the question. This retired life is really agreeing with me.

Going to Carlisle for Ford Nat's, anyone in? May 3rd is last day to get the discount.

Never heard of the Chocolate Fox, is that a new one?
    Last edited by saleentom; 04-29-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saleentom View Post
    500 miles and 8 hours, a little far for me. But not out of the question. This retired life is really agreeing with me.

Going to Carlisle for Ford Nat's, anyone in? May 3rd is last day to get the discount.

Never heard of the Chocolate Fox, is that a new one?
    Not sure i'm going to make the long haul to the Saleen Nationals either, it is a long trip. I work Carlisle weekend but may take off, that's a short trip for me.

Chocolate Fox is new, was supposed to be last year but was cancelled due to Covid. It is put on by the same folks who do Foxtoberfest.
    Last edited by ford fanatic; 04-30-2021 at 05:59 AM.
    Saleen 86-0177

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    Thanks for the compliments on my car. Unfortunately the show was sold out before I could register so I doubt I will be making it. Are you planning on attending?
    Sold out before I could register too, people who were registered last year got the first spots this year, so it filled up quick. I still plan on going as long as the weather is nice, hopefully they have a bigger venue lined up for next year, 200 spots is not nearly enough.
    Saleen 86-0177

I'm a glutton for punishment. Two day drive for me to Nats but always the best time. Been going since 2007. Can't stop now, lol.

As for you east coasters, this may be as close to you as it will get for a few years. It does roam about the country to give everyone a chance to attend.

I would say I'll see you at Carlyle but every year I plan on going and every year something always gets in the way. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Reese View Post
    I'm a glutton for punishment. Two day drive for me to Nats but always the best time. Been going since 2007. Can't stop now, lol.

As for you east coasters, this may be as close to you as it will get for a few years. It does roam about the country to give everyone a chance to attend.

I would say I'll see you at Carlyle but every year I plan on going and every year something always gets in the way. Fingers crossed.

May ride up as a spectator for the Nationals this year, already talked to the wife about taking a long weekend trip up as we've not really traveled up that way before.
    Saleen 86-0177

Went to the Nats in Ohio a couple years back, only for Saturday show. It was a great show, most Fox Saleens I've seen lately in one place.

Cool car!! I saw it in Reeds video on Snapchat!!
    1983 TurboCoupe- T3, unopened head- 13.4@98
    1985.5 SVO 9L
    1985 Notch- 2.3 auto---> H/C/I 5.0 5 speed