Close

Default I think i screwed up big now

1982 gt gauge cluster wiring problem. First before me someone swapped connectors on cluster i guess as they are both grey. One is supposed to be black correct? The clips on both plugs were broken so would not stay in cluster. Got some new ones and they were different than originals meaning that big clip and small clip are opposite of slots in cluster.
    So i had big idea of modifying them to fit just had to swap pin locations around right. Well it didn't happen quite that easy and now im lost as to where the wires go on connectors. it wouldn't even start at first but realized had one of the connectors wired upside down. Fixed that it starts but low fuel light is on but gauge is working. Temp gauge or instrument panel lights not working maybe more.
    Found a thread on here with wiring diagram but was not able to open no file found, was another that took me to a calendar web site of some sort.
    The images i have found on web do not line up with what i have. Can you guys bail me out on this i am stuck on stupid at this point.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Racerx81966 View Post
    Found a thread on here with wiring diagram but was not able to open no file found, was another that took me to a calendar web site of some sort.
    Sigh...

I updated that post, so that people who never ever used the web before, would have an idea how to use the "Internet Archive wayback site". Since those same people would clearly also never ever heard of Google (or whatever crud search engine that Apple uses ), and can't use Google/etc to find out how to use the "Internet Archive wayback site". Imho, the site isn't that hard to use.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?50010-Wiring-diagrams-1979-1986-in-PDF&p=1936153&viewfull=1#post1936153

Did you miss the following in that same post:

Also, look for the Dealer Service Manual or Schematic on ebay.
    I guess that your car isn't worth the super massive unreasonably expensive ~$30 for a '82 Mustang Dealer's Service Manual on ebay?

On ebay, search:
    82 mustang service manual

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  37.1 KB

Last edited by stangPlus2Birds; 04-07-2021 at 12:13 AM.